Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Software engineer Jordan Scales wrote a CSS-only file that makes plain HTML look like Windows 98

I was tempted to apply the CSS to All The Tropes's page for Windows 98, but ATT doesn't have a page for (just) Windows 98. So you're saved from that, at least. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Just because you can doesn't mean you should
Seeing that, yess the battleship grey I could leave behind, but it also reminds me how much I loathe the current "flat design" fad. Give me some goddamn window borders, at least, so I can tell if what I'm clicking on will pull focus to what I want or pull the one behind it to the front and hide everything!
--
‎noli esse culus
There is no hell hot enough.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Now if someone could replicate the look of Mac OS 8 through CSS, then I'd be impressed.
--
‎noli esse culus
I shared this link with my coworkers, by the way, and one responded with this site.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....