Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBAMAGATE
OBAMAGATE
President Trump has accused former President Barack Hussein Obama of a serious political crime.  What crime, you may ask? Phil Rucker of the Washington Post did ask, and got the answer:

Quote:“Obamagate. It’s been going on for a long time. Terrible things happened,” Trump said.

Rucker asked again what the crime was.

“You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everyone. All you have to do is read the newspaper,” said Trump.

Now I'm not everyone, so let the guessing begin!

I'm going to go with: Premeditated murder of an American citizen, and running a concentration camp in Guantánamo.

What do you think Obamagate is?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: OBAMAGATE
By Trumps worldview, I think it's 'existing as someone he can try and blame for the pandemic rampaging across the country.'

For me, it would be the continued running of the concentration camp, increasing drone strikes on civilian targets in the Middle East, and frankly he needs a kicking over the ongoing failure of poor Flint, Michigan.
In Trump’s worldview is being president while being black.

In my view, it would be drone strikes, and the slap on the wrist given to Wall Street after the 2008 financial crisis.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
The Wall Street one, unfortunately, could easily be spread over too many assholes across your government, and a few other nations.
(05-13-2020, 01:31 AM)Labster Wrote: What do you think Obamagate is?

Running against the Nicknamer-in-Chief during the 2016 election.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Several of these suggestions, while certainly valid, also apply to Trump, though I suppose that's not really a downside?
Having the audacity to copy him as president before he even got a chance to do it, there's that too.
--
‎noli esse culus
What I'm hearing in conservative media is that Obamagate just might be the blatantly political prosecution of Gen. Michael Flynn, a man who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and VP Pence (twice!), which was apparently executed by the Obama administration ex post facto via the Deep State.  Yes, this makes sense.

(05-13-2020, 07:36 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 01:31 AM)Labster Wrote: What do you think Obamagate is?

Running against the Nicknamer-in-Chief during the 2016 election.

I don't remember this happening, but at this point sure, why not?
(05-13-2020, 09:33 PM)Labster Wrote: What I'm hearing in conservative media is that Obamagate just might be the blatantly political prosecution of Gen. Michael Flynn, a man who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and VP Pence (twice!), which was apparently executed by the Obama administration ex post facto via the Deep State.  Yes, this makes sense.

Obama is secretly sabotaging the country via Trumps administration. Therefore, any time Trump fucks up, it's clearly an Obama scheme!

Quote:
Quote:Running against the Nicknamer-in-Chief during the 2016 election.

Given how much he screams about Hillary's emails still, you'd think he could at least remember his opponent there... although honestly, watching Trump speak sometimes, I do legit worry about the mans memory. I know people like to scream about Biden, but he can at least finish a sentence on topic.
Neither Biden nor Trump seem to be of sufficiently sound mind to be a good president. And I'm not talking about their politics. I've a feeling that like Trump, Biden will be largely a figurehead president with the presidency run by the staff and with a similar agenda, if a president whose public presence is not as clearly and actively damaging to the USA's interests and society.
(05-14-2020, 02:15 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 09:33 PM)Labster Wrote: What I'm hearing in conservative media is that Obamagate just might be the blatantly political prosecution of Gen. Michael Flynn, a man who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and VP Pence (twice!), which was apparently executed by the Obama administration ex post facto via the Deep State.  Yes, this makes sense.

Obama is secretly sabotaging the country via Trumps administration. Therefore, any time Trump fucks up, it's clearly an Obama scheme!

Quote:
Quote:Running against the Nicknamer-in-Chief during the 2016 election.

Given how much he screams about Hillary's emails still, you'd think he could at least remember his opponent there... although honestly, watching Trump speak sometimes, I do legit worry about the mans memory. I know people like to scream about Biden, but he can at least finish a sentence on topic.

Exactly my point. You know he didn't run in 2016, and I know he didn't run in 2016, but does the Nicknamer-in-Chief know who ran against him? His behaviour in public makes that a serious question.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
You reading this, Rajvik? Any idea what the Beloved Leader is going on about from your side of the fire?
--
‎noli esse culus
Satirist Alexandra Petri of the Washington Post has uncovered the dire truth:  it was simply the worst crime ever committed.
Quote:Obamagate, like the Myriad Crimes of Hillary Clinton (to which it was both prequel and sequel, like “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”) was almost Escher-esque in its design. It had no beginning and no end, and, of course, everyone knew all about it. Also, it was obvious to everyone how bad it was. It was a devious, sinister plot, but also Donald Trump was able to get to the bottom of it very easily, mainly by absorbing articles from FoxNews.com or the personal websites of former Fox News personalities.

-----
I'm a very forgiving person ... on Lord Vader's terms.  "Apology accepted, Captain."
(05-14-2020, 07:35 AM)robkelk Wrote: Exactly my point. You know he didn't run in 2016, and I know he didn't run in 2016, but does the Nicknamer-in-Chief know who ran against him? His behaviour in public makes that a serious question.

Post-2016 political satire has to be completely over-the-top or is otherwise unrecognizable as satire.  It's why I've mostly stopped doing it, despite the many man-months I spent on satire in college -- it just isn't funny any more.  Back then I thought it was funny to pair together quotes from George W. Bush like "I want to be a peace president," with "I'm a war president."  But even that isn't funny any more, because Trump will go out and contradict himself in the same speech, possibly within the same thirty seconds, or whatever passes for a sentence these days.

You can see Ms. Petri knows how to do it.  It's not subtle jabs, taking the argument to its absurd end.  No, the arguments of the powerful are absurd from the start; that form of subtle satire is dead.  Instead, we get the screwball comic, Abbott and Costello collapsed into one persuasive argument, because it sates all desires and fulfills none of them at once.  Comedy that lets us feel rage and fear and horror, like a sad clown.  Or even more, like a sexy anime Pennywise-chan, giving us a good laugh as the townfolk succumb to their fears, one last joke before it consumes us.
Ah yes.  Drone strikes.

For the sake of being succinct and to the point, I'll leave you with an article from an unabashedly leftist source that prides itself on reporting on corruption and abuses of power.  In this article, they are reporting on the toll of drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen, based on leaked information from the Pentagon, anonymous interviews with military and intelligence officials, and interviews with officials in the Yemeni government before it practically ceased to be a thing.

In my opinion, it's an extremely fair cop.

https://theintercept.com/drone-papers/the-kill-chain/

TL;DR?  War is fucking confusing.  What might be true one moment might not be the next.  Ergo, mistakes were made.  Stop blaming Obama like as if it was some sinister far-left plot, goddammit.
I was saying it more along the lines of something that might possibly be considered a crime. Even then, it's messy enough to be a hilariously confusing issue.
So, IOW, the usual Republican deal of making shit up instead of trying to hold Obama accountable for anything he actually did. That, BTW, is why I lost any respect for them that I might've had before the 2016 election. Obama did do things that he should've been held accountable for as president, and the only people I remember saying boo about it were unaffiliated with either of the two major parties.

Now, one can blame the Dems not saying anything on partisan hackery, but I'd like to know what the Republicans' excuse was. For anything apart from the Guantanamo concentration camp, that is. He inherited that from Bush the Lesser, so any attempt to pin it on him would require holding his predecessor accountable as well.
I read this from someone (using the handle Masterskrain) on another site.  I don't know where he/she got it.
Quote:OBAMAGATE = Obama’s Better At Making America Great And Trump’s Embarrassed!

'Nuff said.

(Edit:  Added attribution)
-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper