Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum
New Forum
I'd like to announce the opening of this new forum. As mentioned elsewhere, I've decided that my plotting difficulties with DW3 and DW4 are currently insurmountable, and I have put them on hiatus in favor of progressing directly to DW5. As the events of DW5 have a small but noticeable impact on most of the subsequent Steps, it is a vital bottleneck I have to traverse, anyway. In its favor, though, is the fact that I have it completely plotted, and have much of its Chapter 1 already written. So you should see it rather quickly after I complete DW2 later this year.
Anyway, as with everything else here, feel free to jump on in.
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: New Forum
*Bounce* *Bounce* *Bounce*...
What? You said feel free to jump in on it... [Image: smile.gif]
Offsides (who's feeling Tiggerish today)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
On in. In. Not it. I do not want my nice new forum stomped flat, thank you.

-- Bob
---------
*SPROING*
"He's going for no splash, Bob!"
*KER-SPLOOOOSH!!!*
"In his dreams, Jim!"
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
(Cannonball!!!!) [Image: tongue.gif]
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
No splash!
Offsides and I were looking at this thread together on Saturday (in the middle of navigating ezBoard's byzantine command menu structure) when we saw that.
We didn't stop laughing for five minutes.
This may come back to haunt you, you know.

-- Bob
---------
Re: No splash!
The "He's going for no splash."/"In his dreams." comes from a Miller Lite commercial from about 5-6 years ago. One of the "taste great/less filling" ads where two TV viewers can't agree on what they want to watch so, through the magic of
Miller Lite, combine them. The result in question was Sumo High-Diving. I'll let you envision that.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
(my personal favorite was the Weiner Dog Winternationals. Drag-racing Dachshunds.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
The "He's going for no splash."/"In his dreams." comes from a Miller Lite commercial from about 5-6 years ago.
I thought it sounded familiar, and now that you'e provided the prod to my memory, I can recall the particular commercial rather clearly.
Quote:
(my personal favorite was the Weiner Dog Winternationals. Drag-racing Dachshunds.)
Oh, I remember that one, too... Loved those commercials for the weirdness factor.
And on the subject of drag racing, from the Australian punk stand-up comedian Jock Sirilovich (I can't swear to the spelling, unfortunately): "I'm so tough I like drag racing. Sure, it's dangerous, but I love driving really fast with women's clothes on."

-- Bob
---------
The Weiner Dog Internationals broke me badly every time I saw it.
But my all time favorite of that set of commercials was the one where the two guys did the combine thing and wound up in a badly dubbed Hong Kong Martial arts flick (even their own English was badly dubbed!) with weirdly translated "my kung fu is better than yours" moments and played martial arts paper football with the kung fu dude. Complete with sped up camera work during the folding of the paper football wild "hit" sound effects for the football game back and forth and the "everyone laughs at the end for no apparent reason" ending. In 30 seconds, I think they managed to skewer every single Hong Kong film convention. A true masterpiece. ^_^
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
Well, unless you can come up with a way I can shoehorn badly-dubbed dragracing dachshunds doing bellyflops into an Oh! My Goddess plot, I think this thread's more than reached the end of its relevance to this forum. Further discussion of classic commercials should be taken to General/General Chatter, 'k? Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
Well, Keiichi is a part of the racing club - perhaps Marrler (or some other Demon) turns the cars into Dachhunds at some point (as a throw away gag/obref)?
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
That was meant to be taken a little less than seriously, you know, Josh.
-- Bob
(Visualizing drag-racing sumo dachshunds... from Hong Kong)
-- Bob
---------
I wasn't taking it seriously - you should know me better than that Smile But it is something that would be amusing...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Surreal, too...
I don't think so.

-- Bob
---------
Evangelion No splash!
One more thing!>
Something about "...going for no splash!" tickled a meme and made me recall that Gryphon has used this before on an "outtake" reel of NXE, as folllows --
Quote:
Aboard EVA-02, overhearing, DJ cast a dubious eye toward the water speeding up below and said, "Great, so if we fall in the sea, we've had it."
"And if we don't, we'll be fine, right?" Asuka replied, a split second before the EVA crashed down a full five hundred feet short of the destroyer, disappearing beneath the blue-green waves and producing a towering backlash of water and surf which threatened to capsize the mighty Deutschland.
"Not a -word-," growled Asuka's voice over the radio.
"'She's going for no splash,'" quoted DJ.
"'In her dreams, Bob!'" replied Misato, before breaking down into laughter.
"Damn you! I -said-, not a word..."
Hee.... ^_^
-Logan
----------
Legolas - Obviously an Elvish word meaning "Gatling Gun".
----------
Re: Evangelion No splash!
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that...

-- Bob
---------