Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clerks III
Clerks III
I just saw Clerks III at my local Regal cinemas. They're having one showing every night this week as a special "Fathom Event" movie.

I saw the original Clerks over twenty years ago and appreciated the artistry even if I didn't really like the movie as a whole. I saw Clerks II in the theater and found it moderately enjoyable, if less artistically compelling. I liked Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back to varying degrees. I didn't even bother seeing Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.

Having said all of that...

Clerks III is Kevin Smith's magnum opus. It is by far the best movie of his that I've seen, and quite possibly the best movie he will ever make. It is the single best movie I've seen in theaters over the past several years. There were points during this movie where I was legitimately choked up and on the verge of tears over characters known for dick jokes and gross out humor.

So if you have any interest in Kevin Smith movies in general or the Clerks franchise in particular, I hope you choose to see it on the big screen while you still can.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
RE: Clerks III
Thanks for the recommendation, Shepherd. As someone who's actually been in the QuickStop and has enjoyed most of the films in the ViewAskewniverse that I've actually seen (as well as the animated series), I'm looking forward to seeing Clerks III. Attila and I will probably see it together, since Helen and Peggy couldn't care less. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....