Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Quote
RE: The Perfect Quote
"So, what shall we discuss?  Shoes?  Ships?  Sealing wax?  Cabbages?  Kings?  Who the Eggman is?"
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Oh, I've got to find a place to put that. Even if it's not in DW8.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Not entirely related, but having Doug go all obnoxious-Bugs to make a nuisance of himself to the baddies in a Sonic the Hedgehog stagger could include popping up at random times to give Robotnik (AKA Dr. Eggman, though in the comics adaptations they're apparently alternate universe versions of each other, and from what little I know of it there's quite a difference between them) a jump scare by yelling "Goo-goo-gajoob!" behind his back. Assuming he has some reason not to just wreck some face and then get on a song effect and/or independent gadget to reverse the roboticization effect, of course... eh, it works as combat banter too I guess.
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-06-2020, 08:00 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: a song effect and/or independent gadget to reverse the roboticization effect

Might I suggest Cheap Trick's "I Want Be Man"?
Possibly, possibly "Rehumanize Yourself," by The Police, though where Mobius folk are usually some variation of animal-person that might not quite work depending on how and how strictly the "human" part is being interpreted. As long as it's more focused on the mental and philosophical aspects (which the song mainly does, though the "working like a robot in the factory, got to re-humanize yourself" is taking a turn for the literal in this case) it should be fine. This probably belongs more in The Game as such, though with the scale of the problem when most of the population has been 'botted Doug is probably not going to be able to directly affect more than a tiny fraction even if it worked on everyone in his AoE as fast as he could move through a crowd, hence why I mentioned working on some kind of external device to do the job for the other twenty three hours and fifty seven-ish minutes a day, let alone after he leaves.
--
‎noli esse culus
(05-06-2020, 09:00 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 08:00 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: a song effect and/or independent gadget to reverse the roboticization effect

(05-06-2020, 10:31 PM)Norgarth Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:00 PM)Mamorien Wrote:

Another possibility is a song Doug actually used in the campaign to support a ritual Dwimanor performed to cure Shadowwalker of her half-vampire status during the Vampire War storyline -- "Hopelessly Human", by Kansas:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....