Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Hobbies
[OOC] Hobbies
I was updating HAL's TNB wiki page and realized that one of the things that he probably does to integrate with the other displacees is to play chess with them. Tessa and Ami play chess at a level that would give HAL a challenge (at least to begin with).

And that sent my mind wandering down a path that lead to hobbies.

As mentioned, HAL, Tessa and Ami play chess. Ami also reads.

As per their canon, Soun and Genma play shogi - and cheat.

As per his canon, Sosuke fishes. (Somewhere near Corpus Christi, maybe?)

What do other characters do when they're not working or having adventures?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC] Hobbies
Kaname Chidori and Megumi Morisato both canonically play softball. Would they be able to find at least seven more girls at Westwoods to put together a team?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
YOMI: Ryoko and Kuroko would make great outfielders.
TOMO: Boo. Boooo.
KAGURA: Hey, maybe we can put together a team.
YOMI: I'm up for it.
SAKAKI: Me too.
TOMO: You can be shortstop, Chiyo.
CHIYO: Hey!
KAORIN: Can i... can I join too?
YOMI: I don't know... Can you even make it to first base?
KAORIN: I'll make it all the way to home. All•the•way!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'd imagine that Sasami would love to play softball.

Also, given the upper body strength they have, the Undines would make for surprisingly good players.

Chess isn't my speed because it's too regimented. But give me an RTS with real freedom to do what I want (you know, like actual field commanders have) and I'm sure I'll come up with some... creative solutions.

Regarding fishing: there's plenty of that in San Antonio.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/rec...calaveras/

Don't let the "20 Miles Outside of San Antonio" bit throw you. That's more like the park entrance from the metro area, and not as the crow flies at that. It's still inside the outer loop, Loop 1604.

Of course, Benjamin will have his cars as a hobby - something that he and Keiichi can share in. (Do we know what his favorite vehicles are?) And at some point in time, Ben and a few others are gonna go to Rally School up by Austin.

Ryoko? Booze. She won't become a beer snob, but she'll probably love hitting up all the nicer bars and sampling the local brews.

Ayeka? Gardening. Plenty of space to have flower beds.

Tenchi? Without the fields to tend to, he'll probably devote himself to school once more, and be quite content with that.

Mihoshi? Video games. Natch.

Noike? She'll probably take up Hal, Sosuke, and the others on games of chess. As well as train in a tactical simulator. Ben, Nanoha, and Fate will likely be up for that as well.

Washu? Vintage computers. Benjamin will probably be right up there with her in that he'll be after vintage household appliances - especially ones that are designed in the Art Deco style.
Hey, Ryoko and Urd have a hobby in common.  Oooh, and Tina.

I actually need to figure out who would be interested in gardening, I'd like to have a rooftop garden.  I mean, of course we could cheat a little with Sakura -- in fact we'll have to cheat a bit to get the cherry blossom tree up to size.  This is mandatory for Tina.  I could have one of the characters develop an interest, or I guess I could pull in a story to have a gardener.  Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl -- or not.  Maybe Dylan from Lovesick?  Or have I forgotten someone from my existing cast who likes it, or could have an interest?

Really though, starting with slice of life, this is pretty easy.

Koyomi: Reading books, food, dieting
Tomo: Reading manga, annoying people
Kaorin: astronomy, 
Sakaki: animals, doodling
Chiyo: cooking
Kagura: swimming, surfing
Osaka: riddles, sea slugs, superstitions

Sakura: cheerleading
Shaoran: Martial arts
Tomoyo: costuming, set design, videography, film editing
Fujitaka: cooking
Nadeshiko: haunting
Yukito: basketball
Touya: having part time jobs

Akari: skulling, exploring
Alicia: dating her boyfriend [NAME NOT AVAILABLE]
Athena: singing
Aria: sleeping, fairies, hats
Alice: observing people
Aika:
Akira:

Hjørdis: Norse mythology, drama
Uffe: Lord of the Rings, D&D

Tina: Drinking, fondling breasts
Aoi: cooking
Miyabi:
Kaoru: photography
Taeko: costumes (kinda), chocolate
Chika:
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(05-31-2020, 06:25 PM)Labster Wrote: Chika:

Swimming, of course.

EDIT: Tina and Taeko were in the university's photography club, too - that's where they met Kaoru.

I suppose I should make a list of my building's residents' hobbies, since I asked in the first place...
  • Rob: reading, writing, photography
  • Touma:
  • Index: eating
  • Mikoto: playing violin
  • Kuroko: trying to get into Mikoto's pants
  • Ruiko: Listening to pop music, listening to (and spreading) rumours
  • Kazari: white-hat hacking
  • Mii: motorcycle riding
  • the Misaka sisters: "What are hobbies?"
  • Accelerator:
  • Hyoga:
  • Maika:
  • Usagi: listening to music, eating sweets, drawing manga
  • Ami: reading (textbooks and romance novels), swimming, playing chess
  • Minako: volleyball, pop culture, singing, acting, dancing, boy-chasing
  • Rei: fortune-telling, music (singing, playing guitar and piano, composing)
  • Makoto: cooking, gardening
  • Mamoru:
  • Chibi-Usa: gardening, collecting things with rabbits on them, pulling pranks
  • Haruka: driving, running, playing piano
  • Michiru: playing violin, swimming, painting
  • Luna:
  • Artemis:
  • Diana:
  • Mimi Hanyu: singing, acting, dancing, boy-chasing
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
So, now to start figuring out how to us the stuff in this thread in stories.

Hmmmmm...

We have enough swimmers to form a team.

Tina, Kaoru, and Taeko can take Rob to the "hidden spots" for a photography outing in L.A., and Rob can return the favour in Ottawa. (Peorth's travel medium is camera lenses - maybe she's interested in photography, too.)

Sasami, Belldandy, Makoto, Chiyo, Fujitaka, Aoi, Kasumi Tendo, and Mahoro Ando all know how to cook well. (Are Nanoha and Hayate on the list, too?) We could have an Iron Chef competition just among the displacees. Usagi gets to be the celebrity judge. (Index doesn't care about quality, just quantity.)

Anything else?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(05-31-2020, 06:25 PM)Labster Wrote: I actually need to figure out who would be interested in gardening, I'd like to have a rooftop garden.  I mean, of course we could cheat a little with Sakura -- in fact we'll have to cheat a bit to get the cherry blossom tree up to size.  This is mandatory for Tina.  I could have one of the characters develop an interest, or I guess I could pull in a story to have a gardener.  Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl -- or not.  Maybe Dylan from Lovesick?  Or have I forgotten someone from my existing cast who likes it, or could have an interest?

If somebody expresses an interest, Makoto and Chibi-Usa could come visit and offer a few pointers. (Maybe at the same time that the Misaka Sisters are helping apply a powder coating to the building.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown