Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New federal party leader in Canada
New federal party leader in Canada
Well, we had a political party choose a new leader in Canada this weekend - if folks in the USA think "party primaries", you won't be too far off the mark.

Since this particular party is one of the five parties that currently has seats in Parliament, this is reasonably important.

But, rather than announce the results right away, I think it's time for another round of "Who would you pick as national political party leader, based solely on appearance?" We did this before and the results were illuminating.

Here are the candidates:

[Image: green-party-leadership-candidates.jpg]

Who's your pick for a potential Prime Minister of Canada, based solely on the photos?

"Eight Green leadership candidates were on the final ballot: (top: L to R) Annamie Paul, David Merner, Amita Kuttner, Glen Murray, (bottom: L to R) Dimitri Lascaris, Meryam Haddad, Andrew West and Dr. Courtney Howard. (Collage/ Green Party of Canada)"

As to who won...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: New federal party leader in Canada
None of 'em look particularly off-putting or appealing per se. I suppose I'll put my penny on Dr. Howard, just on the basis of being fairly certain to treat the pandemic appropriately seriously.
--
‎noli esse culus
and my choice was the one next to the one that one, don't know him from adam, but he's either a greenpeace type, or fisherman/outdoors type
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Just realized I didn't give my pick, based solely on the photos. There's something Prime Ministerial about Andrew West's beard...

As for who did win - good on you to run for election in your home district, instead of being parachuted into a "safe" seat.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

well, the bog fact is I have always chosen to vote based on what they have done in office. Not sure who I *CAN* pick based just on apperances without looking like a...

Shite. not even sure how to describe how I think I'd be... umm... crucified, or perhaps the better term is WHY over how?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
That's the thing about this particular leadership convention - the party is still too new to have a track record in Parliament, so nobody could run on a record.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown