Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request increase in PM storage
Request increase in PM storage
Rob and BA and I have been doing some writing prep in the secret realm to preserve the element of surprise.  Can a brother get an upgrade to the message quota?  Supposedly this is in the usergroup settings for MyBB.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: Request increase in PM storage
Likewise, for the same reason...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Okay, let me see what I can do for you.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Okay, I've found it and doubled it. This affects everyone, and also affects my disk usage at my ISP, which is close enough to the edge right now that if I keep more than one backup online with the board I run out of space for other things. So if you can purge any unneeded older messages, please do.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
... Sounds like it is time for a user drive to afford more?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(06-16-2020, 07:55 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Okay, I've found it and doubled it.  This affects everyone, and also affects my disk usage at my ISP, which is close enough to the edge right now that if I keep more than one backup online with the board I run out of space for other things.  So if you can purge any unneeded older messages, please do.

Thanks, and sure.

On the other hand, what decade is this that we're running out of disk space for text?  Have you tried just asking for your quota to be increased?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
At least once, actually, and it increases my annual fee. My ISP has been bought out a couple of times, and the company they became only provides website space as an afterthought for grandfathered users like me. As a result, they don't go out of their way to support what they clearly regard as a very minor niche that has nothing to do with their modern core business (which is digital telephony and other comms service), which is the main reason there's no SSL support for the site. And when they do provide support and services, they charge for it out of proportion to the technology costs. Yes, storage is cheap. But to improve my service means a tech has to stop supporting the customers that actually provide the six-figure revenue, and they make me pay for it.

And yeah, I've looked into other providers. I just find myself unable to decide what's best and the best price for what I need.
-- Bob