Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
RE: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
Still alive, well, and of normal size. Checking in today, because (as a turtle of my acquaintance used to put it) Friday the 13th falls on a Friday this month.
Checking in. We've moved to ordering our groceries for pickup instead of going inside the store, on account of the continuing rise of cases and hospitalizations. I'm to the point with my available cope that screaming at someone with their mask off their nose or even not on their face is a real risk.

I'm hoping it starts to at least level off soon. I did let my husband know that it's pretty much guaranteed that it's just going to be us in the house until the beginning of the next year.

I'm really damned tired at this point. But we don't have any way out of this right now except to stick it out. We're to the point that we're probably going to be reevaluating stuff, including what we do to actually get social interaction; I'm expecting that, among other things, conventions are going to be completely off the menu for us until we get over having to isolate for protection of us and everyone else.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Checking in. I'm with you on the temptation to scream at people with their masks off their noses. Now that the election is over, I'm planning on turning the three black masks I bought with "vote" slogans on them inside out and writing "Cover your nose and mouth" on them in silver sharpie. I may do it with the two masks I got from Target as well although I can use a black sharpie with them.
Everything still normal here. Ottawa's case count has been steadily dropping for the last two weeks, while in Toronto it's still spiking. So overall, Ontario's going up while we're doing better <knocks on wood.> Still spend most of my time indoors and away from others. It works, but it's also a very lonely way to live.
Holy Hanna!!!! I'd say something about how has it been a MONTH, but... Well, date time stamps are not SUPPOSED to lie. That is what makes changing them so effective.

Anyway. Still alive, Still struglling with a lot of other issues, but the biggest reason for my Silence? Something called the Terraverse, and an author by the username of Batzguler.

Tongue
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Still alive, still kickin' on the Outer Banks on Friday the Thirteenth. Just waiting for the OMFGlympics from the vote to stop.

On a side note, we should ALL be thankful for what we have. Yesterday at my guard job I let through an ambulance to pick up a guy who, well, unholy union of hand and chainsaw. They apparently saved the hand, but still...
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
And we've hit the 300-post mark, so now there's a third check-in thread.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....