Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
RE: COVID-19 Check-in Thread Part II
Still around and heading into the office.
Still working.

Out of Context quote: "You look like Elton John meets the Hamburglar."
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
O.o; at Jenova!!!!

Obviously still alive... but...

You know? I think we're all going to say "Your all 2020" to bleep hole ijits for the next hundred years?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Last week, I was watching some old Sailor Moon SS, trying to get a feel for the characters of the Amazonesses for some writing.  Watched an episode where people in Juuban start getting cavities in their teeth because of some plot to get their dream mirrors.  Then the next morning, my teeth started hurting a little.  The next day, they started hurting a lot, and I was needing to take some vicodin to even eat.  So I spent the weekend in pain.  Turns out it wasn't an gum infection near my recently replaced crown, but a big cavity in the adjacent tooth.  Finally at a state today where I'm not hovering between too painful to live and too doped-up to stay awake. 

So um, take care of your teeth, because Sailor Says?  Or avoid Sailor Moon DVDs haunted by daimons?  Not sure what the message is here.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
So, I'm past the 14 day quarantine, and officially free to leave the house. Except...

A roommate is still suffering from fever, chills, limited breath, and frequent coughing. He's had a 40C fever for over half a month, and the hospitals just say, "Oh, that's just Covid being Covid. Take Tylenol and go home." So we hope for the best, and maintain quarantine status here. My other roommate may have gotten over his and gained temporary immunity, but I haven't. So N95 masks and disinfectant everywhere, still.
40C fever for half a month and they put it off like that?

Sounds to me like your local medical system is severely strained.
Isn't that the point where the brain cooks in its own juices?
NO QUARTER!

(07-17-2020, 11:16 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Isn't that the point where the brain cooks in its own juices?

Almost, IIRC that's 41C+. 40C is definitely bad though, especially for such an extended amount of time.
If it's the roommate that I suspect it is, then he has a preexisting condition that makes long-term diagnoses difficult. I'm not willing to count him out just yet.

And, yes, the hospital system here was close to capacity at the start of 2020.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
At the start of 2020 and not recovered before the COVID crisis started hitting?

That's... pretty bad.
Still ticking over here.

To make a note, our "confirmed and in the hospital" numbers have been climbing alarmingly again in Colorado, which means the attempt at reopening is being paused at best (rolled back with bars that only serve alcohol). The "7 day rolling average" has more than doubled the last two weeks, from 138 to 273.

I asked my husband to check with the Indian Hot Springs to see if they're able to extend the deadline we have to use the cancelled reservation or provide a refund, but we're pretty much writing that off as a lost cause until sometime next year, assuming properly effective treatments are found. We're pretty much starting to emotionally conclude that we're not doing any external gatherings at all this year, so that means the scale modeling club and the gaming group are out until 2021.

We've got one more "one to two visiting" tomorrow at our house, then we're probably going to need to call it on that, too, and go back to weekends alone. We've been keeping the two-week number to "can count on one hand with fingers left", which has been working well enough to date, but the odds are not in our favor of that continuing.

I'm going to want to finish the work on the four player arcade cabinet at some point (assembling the new control panel, painting and trimming it all), but it's also quite possible that I'll need to hold off on that work until we know for sure we'll even be able to make use of it, which is really frustrating on a certain level; it was really built for gatherings, and if we can't have gatherings where we can make use of it, there's not much point in actively finishing it if I can make use of the space in other ways.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
We're starting to creep up too after the last two weeks or so. It's getting back to where it was about 4 months ago before it took off - only now there's a working 24 hour turnaround in place.

The final phase of the reopening has been put to bed for a while. Still planning on having the same circle of friends over for a BBQ the first weekend in August.

Otherwise, been running up against the rev-limiter in work and it's starting to fatigue. Nothing like waking up every Saturday tired and headachy.

Being tired all the time is not fun.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Gods. Mom is becoming increasingly paranoid about all the covid stuff. Now she has joined the "They must be massaging the numbers" clique
NO QUARTER!

If by "they" she means "the White House", look at the data from John Hopkins compared to the data from the Centers for Disease Control and tell me whether "they" are massaging the numbers to make the situation look better than it actually is.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Still here. The roommate with the persistent fever is in the hospital now. Double lung pneumonia. He tested positive on a covid retest, but no one is really sure if it's a false positive from dead coronavirus in his system or if he's still got the virus. He's definitely suffering side effects, however. He's had pneumonia four times before, has diabetes and cancer. So if anyone is going to have issues recovering, it's him. Currently he's on O2 and being considered for two experimental covid drugs.
Ouch. Prayers and best wishes from over here.
Likewise. Does he have family as well as friends to help him through this?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(07-20-2020, 12:09 PM)robkelk Wrote: If by "they" she means "the White House",

Nope.  Pretty sure she means local reports for Los Angeles.  Mostly because it allegedly goes from "Dominguiz Hills" to a break down into what I assume are smaller communities that make up dominguiz hills.  Like someone punched the home address into google and copied that neighborhood data into the city field.  So, she feels that they are doing something like that on purpose to make things feel more spread out, not as panic-y or whatever.

As I told her.  I refuse to ascribe to malice what could easily be human stupidity or lazyness.
NO QUARTER!

I'm surviving, but I think the heat might get me before the virus does. Can we stop having temperatures pushing 100 (F) now?
Yes, please let's. Or at least less than eighty fucking plus percent humidity to go with them.
--
‎noli esse culus
I'll say a prayer for your roommate, Dragonflight, as I'm sure many of us here will.

Still alive. To quote Dare County's website for today:

"The number of positive COVID-19 tests in Dare County is 277, 59 of which are considered active. Of the 277 cases, 162 are residents and 115 are non-residents.
The majority of cases continue to experience mild to moderate symptoms, however there are cases which have experienced severe illness. Currently, two residents remain hospitalized in critical condition.
Since the last Dare County DHHS Update issued, Friday, July 17, 2020 there have been 31 new positive cases. Of these 31 cases, 22 are residents and 9 are non-residents. "

Also, that tooth I was worried about losing? Lost it and two others today. Grod rammit, I am _not_ in a happy place pain-wise right now, but I really shouldn't complain what with Dragonflight's friend and all. Definitely puts things into perspective. Still have to go shopping for soft, non-spicy/acidic foods while healing up...
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
No change in status.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
484 cases in Victoria today, mostly in Melbourne. Masks are mandatory down there, along with regional lockdowns. A coworkers girlfriend got tested yesterday, and if she comes back positive, then he has to test and self-isolate, and then things escalate.
still here
If you're going to send someone to save the world, you might make sure they like it the way it is first.
Still here and heading into the office.