Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
potter bunny(ies)
potter bunny(ies)
Here's a thought inspired by a line in a fanfic I'm currently reading:

Young Harry was left on the doorstep at No.4, and found when Petunia went out to collect the milkman's delivery. Even a single day's observation from outside the house had let Minnie McG realize what sort of folk they were, a milkman might not have the concentrated duration but he'd see the folks on his route on the regular, and likely talk to them in a gossip-Gertie neighborhood like Privet Drive. Any decent human being, on finding a toddler abandoned on a doorstep should call the bloody coppers, or at least bring him out of the November morning air, not just leave him to be found. The Creepy brothers' father was a milkman. (There may have been some "somebody else's problem" charm on Harry for anyone-not-Petunia but set that aside for the nonce, or say Creevy Sr. was just under the degree of magical enough to have gotten a Hogwash letter himself but had enough to resist it.) Put all these together and I ask you - What if Harry Potter had been raised as an older brother to Colin and Dennis? Of course, we've all seen a plethora of minor variations on "Harry raised by a different family" by now, but if anyone has a new twist on how to run that but lacked a way to get the skrewt to blast off, well, here you are.

edit: Also I am now considering skrewts or skrewt-derived potions as part of a magical space program. KSP/HP anyone? Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: potter bunny(ies)
(06-25-2020, 04:54 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... gotten a Hogwash letter ...

Don't hold back - tell us what you really think of the place. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I think Autocorrupt got me again, is what I think Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
A reasonable choice for the name of a hidden platform bettwen platforms 9 and 10 is platform 9 1/2.

Platform 9 3/4 is a reasonable choice for a name for a platform between platforms 9 1/2 and 10.

What happened to platform 9 1/2?
Perhaps that is the platform for trips to planet ten?
For that matter, what happened to Platform 9¼?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown