Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recs for Eyrie Productions fics under 100K words?
Any recs for Eyrie Productions fics under 100K words?
I'm asking because I recently encountered a podcast dedicated to looking back on old fanfics (at least 15 years old) -- most episodes seem to be just looking at individual fics, book-club style, but there's also special features like an interview with John Biles. When I asked on Twitter if they had any interest in doing any EPU works, they said Symphony of the Sword and Neon Exodus Evangelion are both on the candidate list, but that fics over 100,000 words tend to be difficult to fit in -- unless they only cover a certain number of chapters, which isn't always satisfying. (Their first Paradigm of Uncertainty episode, for example, is 84 minutes and covers the first eight chapters.)

I've never really managed to properly get into EPU myself -- anyone who's more familiar with their catalog have any suggestions of 100-kiloword-or-less fics for the podcast?
RE: Any recs for Eyrie Productions fics under 100K words?
You could try asking Gryphon.
"clipped from his .sig Wrote:zgryphon at that email service Google has
Flesh and Steel is a one-shot at 19k words, with Gryphon and Optimus Prime dropped into Beast Wars

.45 Caliber Angel is long incomplete but there's 17k of In Nomine goodness

Or out of Undocumented Features, Road Movie to Naboo is a bit shy of 49k, that's the second part of Warriors of the Outer Rim.
I've always been partial to Star-Crossed, which wc tells me has 74 kwords. It was written in 2010 though, so not sure if they'd be willing to do that, but it's one of the most self-contained stories -- all you need to know is that Gryphon is a man on the run from the law, pursued by his combat-drug-addicted ex, for crimes he didn't commit.

I guess I could just second "Flesh and Steel", as long as they read the relatively new sequel "Friends Like These", I guess because Kemono Friends is awesome.

Not sure if you've heard of it, but there's also a fic from 2003 called Drunkard's Walk II: Robot's Rules Of Order that might be a good suggestion for them to read.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Drunkard's Walk II comes in at over 233k words, so it might be a little long for them - although otherwise...
The two halves of Aegis Florea combined come in under 50K words.

Aegis Florea, Part One: Commander Moreau

Aegis Florea, Part Two: Commander Moreau Reprise
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....