Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
META: Looking for fics where the SI gets the love interest and the story keeps going
RE: META: Looking for fics where the SI gets the love interest and the story keeps going
(10-23-2023, 10:47 PM)ckosacranoid Wrote: Does some of the Fenspace stuff count also since there are to many bloody self-inserts there and they are married...I mean Our hero and overlord is even in there and he is married in the story setting.

No - Fenspace is all original characters, so there's no previously-existing characters to fall in love with.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: META: Looking for fics where the SI gets the love interest and the story keeps going
Don't make me add an Isekai protagonist from a world where Fenspace is a popular doujin series....

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Daeore's "I Am A Girl In THe Dungeon" saga. The SI is happily married to her waifu about 2/3rds of the way through volume 1, their adventures continue - for several volumes.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Thanks, ECSNorway.

To confirm, that's this story, right?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Can confirm, though I didn't remember it when you originally asked. It's also good enough to get a mild rec from me, with the usual YMMV for SI fixit/power fantasies. I fell out of reading it when FFn succeeded in blocking Calibre from collecting stuff to read offline in early 2019 or thereabouts as I was mostly doing so on my Kindle, so it's been a while, but as far as I remember it had acceptable technical quality and managed to put some fun twists in here or there, and have the MC face serious challenges and setbacks as they go. Don't rrecall if it's got NSFW material or fades to black, but there's some divine-assisted potion shenanigans going on to let the female MC and her waifu not need the help of a third party to make kids a viable option.
--
‎noli esse culus
I use the webtoepub extension for Chrome, to download FFn stuff these days.
SEZ
BZG
I use Fanfiction Downloader to get stories off FF.net and into MOBI files for my Kindle. It supports eight or ten other sites, as I recall, but I don't use it for them -- AO3 and Twisting the Hellmouth have native MOBI download features, and I have a Caliber plugin that takes care of SpaceBattles, Sufficient Velocity and the few other sites I have need to scrape.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
There is also https://fichub.net/
The interface is easy enough to be scriptable.
----
Web Home
Oh, I know there's other options, but FanFicFare in Calibre is an easy one-stop solution to grab (realistically) more fic than I can even read anyway from the sites it does still handle, so FFn stuff has mostly fallen by the wayside for me unless it's also posted on TTH, AO3, or one of the SB/SB-adjacent sites as well. There's even some voodoo it can do with raiding your browser cache to get FFn stuff still, but you have to load each chapter manually first. Too bad so sad for the 1500 or so FFn fics that were on the list before then, but the whole point was to let me toss the URL in there, grab updates automatically when I click the button once a week or so, and read then when I get to them, which for most aside from a handful actively being followed at any one time remains "never." Insert shrug emoji here.
--
‎noli esse culus
(11-14-2023, 09:14 AM)robkelk Wrote: Thanks, ECSNorway.

To confirm, that's this story, right?

That's the one, yes.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(11-14-2023, 04:35 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I use Fanfiction Downloader to get stories off FF.net and into MOBI files for my Kindle.  It supports eight or ten other sites, as I recall, but I don't use it for them -- AO3 and Twisting the Hellmouth have native MOBI download features, and I have a Caliber plugin that takes care of SpaceBattles, Sufficient Velocity and the few other sites I have need to scrape.

Does FFDL still work on FFN for you? As far as I was aware, the site's Captcha had been almost completely blocking it since August of last year.

(I switched over to FicLab, and have no complaints.)
42=19
(11-16-2023, 10:50 PM)Lunaludus Scribex Wrote: Does FFDL still work on FFN for you? As far as I was aware, the site's Captcha had been almost completely blocking it since August of last year.

It does, but I have to click the captcha about every 22nd chapter.
(11-16-2023, 10:50 PM)Lunaludus Scribex Wrote: Does FFDL still work on FFN for you? As far as I was aware, the site's Captcha had been almost completely blocking it since August of last year.

What Captcha?

(Running Firefox with Privacy Badger here.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(11-16-2023, 10:50 PM)Lunaludus Scribex Wrote: Does FFDL still work on FFN for you? As far as I was aware, the site's Captcha had been almost completely blocking it since August of last year.

I was having problems with the Captcha for a few months, and then something changed -- in mid-Spring, I think -- and it stopped being an issue. Not sure what happened, I might have updated FFDL but I can't remember right now and I'm on the wrong machine to check.

Anyway, this discussion, as useful as it may be for all of us, is wildly off-topic for Rob's thread.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
fanficfare on Caliber also has no issues with Royal Road.
SEZ
BZG
I've actually been getting an odd error from SpaceBattles with Calibre/FFF - 'Nonetype' object has no attribute 'decompose.' This happens with maybe one in ten of the threads in my "check every week or so" (specific threads, not changing on different attempts) list, with no discernible distinctions when I look at them in a browser.
--
‎noli esse culus
Guys, I don't want to have to lock this, but three messages and weeks ago I noted that this subject is off-topic for Rob's thread. I strongly recommend it be taken elsewhere.
-- Bob

D'oh, sorry, Bob and Rob. I only looked at the new message, not even the thread title.
--
‎noli esse culus
(12-04-2023, 08:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Guys, I don't want to have to lock this, but three messages and weeks ago I noted that this subject is off-topic for Rob's thread.  I strongly recommend it be taken elsewhere.

We may as well lock the thread if it happens again, Bob. The content is now on All The Tropes, in this page that either was a perfect trope candidate to begin with or nobody cares about considering it hasn't been touched since it was proposed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well, I've been continuing to wrack my brains, and honestly, I'm not coming up with any more examples. It may be right on the edge of Too Rare to Trope.
-- Bob