Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 Hours to Solve Crossovers That Should Not Be
RE: 24 Hours to Solve Crossovers That Should Not Be
(04-07-2021, 12:06 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: I am Connor McDuck of the Clan McDuck.

"And I am immortal." *Whistling sound as a falling anvil strikes him on the head, driving him into the ground like a tent peg.*

"Ow."
-Now available with copious trivia!
(04-07-2021, 12:47 PM)nocarename Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 12:06 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: I am Connor McDuck of the Clan McDuck.

"And I am immortal." *Whistling sound as a falling anvil strikes him on the head, driving him into the ground like a tent peg.*

"Ow."

Ah, yes. The Classic Highlander Toon.
The Crying Freeman Game
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The Running Freeman.
Calvin and Hobbes and Codename Kids Next Door.

Also, we've switched Lovecraft and Lovegood. Let's see what happens.
Well Luna's creatures are going to be far less cuddly (save in the sense of "tentacles are the best at hugs") and far more strange. Yes, more. She may recognize a certain look in Umbridge, also.
--
‎noli esse culus
(04-09-2021, 07:59 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The Crying Freeman Game

(04-09-2021, 11:06 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The Running Freeman.

All these "Freeman" crossovers have a limited Half-Life, you know...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
<rimshot>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(04-09-2021, 11:35 AM)Jinx999 Wrote: Also, we've switched Lovecraft and Lovegood. Let's see what happens.

The only proper answer to this is https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11636560/1/...Quiet-Ones
----
Web Home
We've secretly replaced Rin Tohsaka of Fate/stay night with Rin Suzunoki of Bakuon!!. Let's see who... ah, hell, never mind, everyone will notice.
-- Bob

(04-09-2021, 12:13 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:59 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: The Crying Freeman Game

(04-09-2021, 11:06 AM)itsune9tl Wrote: The Running Freeman.

All these "Freeman" crossovers have a limited Half-Life, you know...

While that works as well, Bob was thinking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying_Freeman I believe.
Yeah, I know. I was tossing yet another Freeman into the crossover.

Lucy, Sally, and Patty fight crime, as Charlie's Angels
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:Lucy, Sally, and Patty fight crime, as Charlie's Angels

With Snoopy as Bosley.
-- Bob

Something I posted to the images thread a few days ago
[Image: yA9XNBf.jpg]
Glengarry MacRoss
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I would riff on that further, but its tone is completely wrong for the overall hopeful Macross universe unless you set it in one of the disaster beats, such as having the sky turn golden and everything be washed away in light just as the MC reaches the door to where the police are waiting to question him, as the Boldolza Fleet bombards the Earth.

Naturally, that's why it's in this thread.
--
‎noli esse culus
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls at Beacon? - Bell Cranel is on his way to becoming a hero, gaining a harem, and becoming a Hunter! Not necessarily in that order, but between Grandpa's stories and somehow getting him accepted to one of the top Hunter Academies despite not having really even left their isolated farm for more than a few day trips before, he's surely off to a good start, right?

(meanwhile, in Orario, rookie adventurer hopeful Jaune Arc is having very little luck at finding a Familia that will accept him, until he meets a certain oppai-loli goddess who's had equally little luck finding adventurers willing to join her...)

Let's see who disrupts OTL canon the most!
--
‎noli esse culus
Just for S&G, let's switch Han Solo, and Chewbaca with Wallace, and Grommit, then see if anybody notices.
(Blame this one on me not having my reading glasses on and thus only half-seeing the name...)

We've secretly replaced Rita Moreno with Rick Moranis. Let's see whether anyone notices.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-13-2021, 11:14 AM)robkelk Wrote: (Blame this one on me not having my reading glasses on and thus only half-seeing the name...)

We've secretly replaced Rita Moreno with Rick Moranis. Let's see whether anyone notices.

Oh, they'll notice. One does not simply replace the woman that George Carlin once referred to as, "St. Rita Moreno, Our Lady of Perpetual Motion."
Rick Moranis as Googie Gomez would certainly change the spin on The Ritz.
SEZ
BZG
Looking through the oldest still-extant CTSNB thread, and noticed this:
(09-22-2006, 03:19 AM)Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote: Shaggy's name is Norville Rogers, according to Wikipedia. He has an uncle Shagworthy.

"Shagworthy"? Oh, behave!

"Hello. My name is Ichigo Morino. You killed my sensei. Prepare to die."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-12-2021, 12:03 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls at Beacon? - Bell Cranel is on his way to becoming a hero, gaining a harem, and becoming a Hunter! Not necessarily in that order, but between Grandpa's stories and somehow getting him accepted to one of the top Hunter Academies despite not having really even left their isolated farm for more than a few day trips before, he's surely off to a good start, right?

(meanwhile, in Orario, rookie adventurer hopeful Jaune Arc is having very little luck at finding a Familia that will accept him, until he meets a certain oppai-loli goddess who's had equally little luck finding adventurers willing to join her...)

Let's see who disrupts OTL canon the most!

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...hi.879147/
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
May as well end this thread with a stinker...

Aquaman Teen Hunger Force
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Huh. Hadn't noticed we'd hit 300. I'm going to have to close the thread before I post my next crime against literature.

New thread is here.
-- Bob