Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24 Hours to Solve Crossovers That Should Not Be
RE: 24 Hours to Save Crossovers That Should Not Be
(08-05-2020, 03:55 AM)hazard Wrote: Have you seen the sort of ordnance those girls wield and how large the average dungeon is? I'm sorry, but that's definitely in the 'should not be' category.
Have you seen how large that Dungeon is after you get down to level 14? Not only does it seem to have a Small City, and an underground lake. There is a space that a medium sized Dragon can fly comfortably in, over a Grassy field.
And by the end of Sword Oratoria, Nanoha would be saying "Ease off on the firepower, Lefiya"... but that's still a drop in the bucket compared to a shipgirl.

Quoting from Wikipedia:

Quote:The first Iowa-class ship was laid down in June 1940; in their World War II configuration, each of the Iowa-class battleships had a main battery of 16-inch (406 mm) guns that could hit targets nearly 20 statute miles (32 km) away with a variety of artillery shells designed for anti-ship or bombardment work. The secondary battery of 5-inch (127 mm) guns could hit targets nearly 9 statute miles (14 km) away with solid projectiles or proximity fuzed shells, and were effective in an anti-aircraft role as well. Each of the four battleships carried a wide array of 20 mm and 40 mm anti-aircraft guns for defense against enemy aircraft.

When reactivated and modernized in the 1980s each battleship retained the original battery of nine 16-inch (406 mm) guns, but the secondary battery on each battleship was reduced from ten twin-gun mounts and twenty guns to six twin-gun mounts with 12 guns to allow for the installation of two platforms for the Tomahawk missiles. Each battleship also received four Harpoon missile magazines, Phalanx anti-aircraft/anti-missile systems, and electronic warfare suites.

Nothing is that far away or that tough in Dungeon.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
When somebody interested in fair play is hired to teach at Hogwarts:

What's with this huge disparity in the house points? Oh. Snape. Why did it have to be Snape?

... later ...

The whole system for house points... no checks on personal biases... aargh... I have had enough with this motherfucking Snape on this moterfucking plan!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What a pity it's too late for me to use that in DW8...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Here at the Folger's Crystal Fanfiction Labratory, we are switching the Hogwarts House Elves for Popples.
Lets see if we can rate the teaching staff in Eye Twitches per second.
Harry Popple has a kind of ring to it.
SEZ
BZG
also depends on the class of shipgirl, most dungeons i doubt many of the larger classes would get past anything but either their AA weapons or their secondaries destroyers and subs being the exception
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

"Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. So my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts..."

Just then, a Sharknado passes by, flinging a shark through his window!

"Of course!"

Sharkman
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Another crossover that should not be is Peanuts/logical analysis. My newspaper is currently rerunning a series of old Peanuts comics from right before Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's career homerun record. That'd put it at either the end of the '73 season or the beginning of the '74 season. According to the strips, Snoopy is also apparently one homerun away from breaking the record. Snoopy plays little league games, which would probably amount to one game a week for a few weeks each summer. In order to have that many homeruns, Snoopy and the rest of the cast would presumably have to be trapped in some sort of 'eternal now' situation, able to rack up homeruns for decades without growing any older.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
(08-10-2020, 04:43 PM)robkelk Wrote: "Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. So my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts..."

Just then, a Sharknado passes by, flinging a shark through his window!

"Of course!"

Sharkman
Could be worse, It could have been a purple TeleTubbie ...
(08-10-2020, 06:05 PM)Shepherd Wrote: Another crossover that should not be is Peanuts/logical analysis. My newspaper is currently rerunning a series of old Peanuts comics from right before Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's career homerun record. That'd put it at either the end of the '73 season or the beginning of the '74 season. According to the strips, Snoopy is also apparently one homerun away from breaking the record. Snoopy plays little league games, which would probably amount to one game a week for a few weeks each summer. In order to have that many homeruns, Snoopy and the rest of the cast would presumably have to be trapped in some sort of 'eternal now' situation, able to rack up homeruns for decades without growing any older.

Given that Snoopy almost always played for Charlie Brown's team, I'd be surprised if he racked ANY homeruns no matter how many decades passed
(08-10-2020, 06:48 PM)nemonowan Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 06:05 PM)Shepherd Wrote: Another crossover that should not be is Peanuts/logical analysis. My newspaper is currently rerunning a series of old Peanuts comics from right before Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's career homerun record. That'd put it at either the end of the '73 season or the beginning of the '74 season. According to the strips, Snoopy is also apparently one homerun away from breaking the record. Snoopy plays little league games, which would probably amount to one game a week for a few weeks each summer. In order to have that many homeruns, Snoopy and the rest of the cast would presumably have to be trapped in some sort of 'eternal now' situation, able to rack up homeruns for decades without growing any older.

Given that Snoopy almost always played for Charlie Brown's team, I'd be surprised if he racked ANY homeruns no matter how many decades passed
Honestly? The only time Charley Brown won in a Sport, is when the Sport had nothing to do with a Ball of any type. so the Logical thing to do is to move the bald headed kid to management, (or if the team is feeling really vindictive they Vote him to Bat Boy,) and get him off the field.
We've switched Hikaru Shidou (Magic Knight Rayearth) and Hikaru Shindou (Hikaru No Go).  Let's see what happens next in both continuities...
Musical edition!

Someone noticed that H.P. Lovecraft's poem "Nemesis" has the same meter at Billy Joel's "Piano Man".  So, without further ado:

"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Maybe I simply entered the wrong "Search" terms, but I didn't find this:
Has anyone ever considered what sort of problems would develop if somehow Sailor Moon's Luna and Kiki's Jiji got swapped? I mean, starting right off with the fact that Jiji wouldn't be able to tell Usagi anything about how to carry out her Senshi duties....
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
That one is less interesting than you think because Luna was taking orders from her handler, who turned out to be Artemis. Even if Jiji doesn’t cooperate, Artemis would find her eventually.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(08-24-2020, 01:33 AM)In the updates thread, Jinx999 Wrote: Nemesis, a Worm fic with Taylor being a comedy villain to screw with Emma ...

I read that as "Taylor being a comedy villain to screw with Erma". Should Be, or Should Not Be?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
depends on if you really meant screw WITH Emma or Screw Emma....;
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Addie Pray defends the Depression-era Midwest as... Sailor Paper Moon.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Has anyone suggested swapping Uncle Jesse from 'Dukes of Hazzard' with Uncle Jesse from 'Full House'?
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
(08-27-2020, 11:58 AM)In the current trailers thread in GenChat, Norgarth Wrote: A trailer for a Star Wars fan series called Remnant

"Ozpin told me enough! He told me you killed my big sister!"

"No, Ruby, I am your big sister."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
On the eve of being crowned the ruler of Hyrule, the heir-apparent was kidnapped and locked away in an unknown location. But you resemble the missing monarch-to-be, and it's your job to take his place and set him free.

"His"? Yes! You look like Ganon, and you're playing The Prisoner of Zelda.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-02-2020, 04:30 PM)robkelk Wrote: On the eve of being crowned the ruler of Hyrule, the heir-apparent was kidnapped and locked away in an unknown location. But you resemble the missing monarch-to-be, and it's your job to take his place and set him free.

"His"? Yes! You look like Ganon, and you're playing The Prisoner of Zelda.

:facepalm:

that was really bad

would be an interesting premise, but still really bad
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

'Tis Pity She's a Who
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-06-2020, 12:31 PM)robkelk Wrote: 'Tis Pity She's a Who
I've always figured we were pronouncing their peoples name wrong, but I thought it was just a matter of Harmonics...