Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume Eight
RE: RWBY Volume Eight
In Episode 6, We get a bit more of Cinder's backstory.  There is child abuse involved, which is unsurprising for someone based on Cinderella.  I'm still waiting for Penny to get swallowed by that whale, but we all know it's coming.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Behold, Rhodes, the most useless Huntsman ever!
RWBY is on hiatus until February 6 (FIRST) or 13, so this is an excellent time to all talk and be on the same page. The only problem is real events seem to have overtaken us. Fictional events like "let a traitor out of jail" and "it's a coup d'etat" and "they're invading the capital city" and "hide in the bunkers, people" seem a little quaint in animated form now that we saw the real thing.

My fav moment of Episode 7 has to be when Tyrian tells Mercury and Emerald that of course Salem's trying to destroy the world. You'd have to be crazy to sign up and not know that!
(01-13-2021, 05:24 AM)Labster Wrote: My fav moment of Episode 7 has to be when Tyrian tells Mercury and Emerald that of course Salem's trying to destroy the world.  You'd have to be crazy to sign up and not know that!

Mine is May revealing she's trans. Seeing it handled like that in any show, by a trans Voice Actress... That hit me hard. Kdin and May played a role in my getting the confidence to start admitting myself, after all.

Honorable mentions to Ren unlocking a new tier of his sembleance and proceeding to utterly own the Atlas Military Indoctrination Issues Squad, and Whitley having his first choice on screen when his father has no influence over him, and him choosing to be kind.
Mine was Klein reappearing. I saw the shadow on the door and knew... and then it just occurred to me as I typed that of course it would be Klein as "Doc".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Klein is a sweet dad to Weiss and Whitley.
Yeah, hopefully with Jacques out of the picture Whitley will turn out to be a decent human being.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And another topic while we wait for the second half of the volume:

DC Comics to release a RWBY/Justice League crossover.

And not just a "meeting of the teams" crossover -- this is more like the Amalgam Universe. Batman is a faunus, for example. (Guess what kind. Go on, I dare you.)
-- Bob

Written by Marguerite Bennett, who did the previous RWBY comic, which was fantastic and had some great character moments. BLAKE IS GOING TO MEET WONDER WOMAN.
Clearly Batman is a flying snake faunus. Arboreal, capable of gliding, quiet and sneaky.
It depends. Each different alignment Batman has a different Faunus. Chaotic good Batman is a serval Faunus, loyal, playful, and good natured — but make him angry and you’ll see the claws of his Wild Release!
Rooster Teeth has released a mid-season trailer:

-- Bob

We're back! Things are rough at Schnee Manor. Noras injured, Penny's injured, and while Klein might be great, he can only do so much... Things can still get worse.
Thematic color of this episode: #00FF00

Note on the theme song. "Some wars don't end in peace"... um no, by definition all wars end in peace. </pedantry>

Penny needs to quit sliming people with ectoplasm.

So how do I turn the power on, Cortana? Just go over there and hit a big switch, and beat up the bad guys on the way?

Praying mantis grimm needs to quit sliming people with ectoplasm.

Oh, so that's what happened to all the other people with silver eyes. It actually managed to be much, much worse than I thought.
(02-09-2021, 02:13 AM)Labster Wrote: Oh, so that's what happened to all the other people with silver eyes. It actually managed to be much, much worse than I thought.

There was a 'Summer Hound' theory going around the parts of the fandom I follow. As with many of the theories, it was half right, and even more horrible then the initial concept (Is there more then one of them? More powerful units? Does she experiment with each one?)

In other news, Whitley is a good boy.
The only thing we know for sure at this point is: Grimm juice, it gives you wings!
New episode today, "Witch". Fighting Salem seems hard. Like, really hard. Have they considered the million swords of human hatred yet? Or binding her with her daughter's entrails and setting a serpent that constantly drips venom above her head? Just spitballing some ideas here.

Also, grimm zerg rush kekeke
After a weeks delay because the Texas government were greedy fucks, we return to the Kingdom of Atlas, a nation on the edge of collapse because its government are greedy fucks. Fortunately, we have Ironwood on hand to make things worse.
Too many thermodustular weapons.  If this is the kind of overkill this show is getting to, we need to call in Nanoha to befriend Salem.

At this point I don't know if Governor Abbott or General Ironwood is worse.  Pretty sure both of them suggested that if Mantle doesn't have bread, they can eat cake.  Or was that Houston?

Winter needs to not follow illegal orders.  She didn't in this episode, just, you know, in general.
Winter... she's realised her replacement father figure might actually be worse than her actual father, and she if terrified of the implications.
New episode, "Angst". Oh wait, I'm sorry, I'm being told the title is "Risk".
Either is accurate. SO MUCH happens in this episode. The Aceops, Ironwood, Ruby and Yang, Ren and Nora, PENNY! Emerald, Ozpin...
And here's something from Mays VA, that the entire fandom and beyond should damn well read.

https://kdinjenzen.tumblr.com/post/64495...er-in-asks
I too have been perplexed by the question of how can RT be so anti-LGBTQ. And why is the Earth so flat anyway? And who is really buried in Grant's Tomb that they don't want you to know?

Matrix Dragon Wrote:The Aceops
Omg, how did I not get that before now? Ace-ops -> Aesop's. Speaking of clueless fandom, right?