Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflections of Self
Reflections of Self
In Gunnerkrigg Court's current storyline, three four characters are visiting the Norns ... not the OMG! Norns, but still.  Today they discover that each person sees the Norns as three ages of herself (I'm not willing to speculate what a male would see).  The reaction-shot is a delight.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RE: Reflections of Self
Huh. Nice. I don't follow Gunnerkrigg Court, but I don't need to in order to appreciate that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
For those who don't follow the comic, I should perhaps explain that the red-haired girls aren't twins in the mundane sense, but very-slightly-diverged alternates of the same girl, which is why in my original post I said "three four" characters ... and why they don't see two sets of red-haired Norns.

-----
Considering that one dictionary definition of "carry on" is to "behave or speak in a foolish, excited, or improper manner," the designers of that famous poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On," need to make up their flippin' minds!
(08-07-2020, 08:27 AM)DHBirr Wrote: For those who don't follow the comic, I should perhaps explain that the red-haired girls aren't twins in the mundane sense, but very-slightly-diverged alternates of the same girl, which is why in my original post I said "three four" characters ... and why they don't see two sets of red-haired Norns.

Oh I see, she's shifted.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Aaaaand the update today is a shout-out – Kat knows the manga (so does the Norn in question) – so this IS an appropriate forum after all.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."