RE: Stupid dialog, free to a good home
"I don't think we're in Kansai any more, ototo."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
"Out of all the worlds in the Federation - out of then ten worst genocides in Federation history - Seven of them happened on Earth. Out of the ten worst genocides which were confined to a single planet - 'all' of them happened on Earth. It is the most blood-soaked planet in the Federation. Human history can be summed up as 'for some vague reason, millions were murdered while the rest of the planet shrugged.'. Never forget that. The Klingons are a warrior race - the Humans are a mass murder race. Sometimes I wonder what would've happened, had they not met the Vulcans first - or had they not been crawling around over the radioactive ashes of a billion of their fellow humans when they did."

"They're not unique in the Galaxy - far from it. It's just that many species with the same tendancies, tend not to survive the discovery of Atomic weaponry. In fact, between Atomic weaponry and Atomic power - whichever a species exploits first - is the most reliable indicator of whether that species will become a spacefaring civilisation, or be remembered only as ruins discovered by a colony fleet. Those who come to Atomic power usually come to it as a consequence of an energy crisis, or accelerating climate shifts. Those who exploit atomic weaponry first either do so on the middle some form of conflict which then rapidly escalates out of control - or as part of an arms race that precipitates a destructive atomic conflict the species is otherwise ill-equipped to weather. Warlike species therefore, are far more likely to invent atomic weapons before atomic power - and thus suffer the consequences. Earth's discovery of atomic weaponry came at the end of a war and this - perversely - allowed the species the time to develop the tools to both delay, and then survive the inevitable holocaust."

"Tellingly, only one other species who came to atomic weaponry first, survived a nuclear holocaust. "

"The Vulcans."

"They turned to Logic as a consequence. Humans - under that shadow of that first atomic detonation - learned the delicate art of diplomacy on the brink of annihilation."

"I for one, am glad they're both on out side."

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
"Top-down strategy" doesn't mean "driving a convertible so it's easier to use the machine gun!"

edit: "And no, 'drink until you forget the problem' is not a Bottom Up Strategy. either!"
--
‎noli esse culus