Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
True.

How long did they have to mingle with other convention-goers? Test results don't come back instantly, after all.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Trump turns an election-year eye on Canadian lobster

Quote:On Aug. 24, the United States International Trade Commission announced it will investigate the possible negative effects of the Canada-Europe Trade Agreement (CETA) on American lobster exports.
Quote:The trade investigation was launched three days after the European Union eliminated an eight per cent tariff on U.S. lobster, sweeping away an advantage enjoyed by Canadian fishermen under CETA.

So... now the Nicknamer-in-Chief has gone from ignoring rules that other people put in place, to ignoring rules that he himself put in place. And he's doing so in a way that shows he's a sore winner.

Is this the kind of person you want representing you on the world stage?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
International Criminal Court top officials sanctioned by US

Democrats sending plane-loads of thugs dressed in black to protests, Trump alleges

Trump says his supporters in North Carolina should vote twice

It's kind of hard to work up the outrage here, even if the last one is probably a felony.  Just throw it on the pile with everything else.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Probably a felony? Pretty sure it's a form of voting fraud.

Also, Trump is as ever projecting his behaviour on the Democrats.
He's telling his supporters to break the law.

Literally telling them to vote twice.

And they will. Because they're just that goddamn stupid.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Quote: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”
Trump said of visiting US war dead at Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, sources tell Jeffrey Goldberg. He also referred to the more than 1,800 Marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...rs/615997/
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Suckers, you say. Well, I can think of a few words to describe you, Mr. President. They are: pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony, and sloth.
Fang, your being trolled AGAIN.

and dollars to donuts the atlantic is lying AGAIN just to get the attention away Nancy Pelosi's bullshit claim that she was set up. Who among you actually believe that SHE PERSONALLY called the salon and was told this. Or do you think one of her staffers called and basically told them "She's the governor's aunt and the speaker of the house, it's fine." I've seen the footage and its a security camera from both the placement and angle, not some "OOh i'm going to set up a secret camera and setup those wascilly democrats"

then you have the "I take responsibility for being setup," news conference. Listen, this woman is two heartbeats from sitting in the Big Chair, if a self employed single mother can sucker her, then she needs her security clearance revoked
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

"the salon"? This is something that hasn't made it north of the border. Are you talking about a story on salon.com (if so, please provide a link), or is this some sort of attempt to couple a person's physical appearance with the person's ability to carry out the duties of a job?

Because nobody ever talks about whether a man's hairdo affects his ability to be President.

(EDIT: I'm not sure whether I'd trust salon.com to provide a complete story - it has a definite leftist bias.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
He is probably talking about Nancy Pelosi’s salon visit: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nancy-pelos...-responds/

And Raj, Fox News, the Washington Post, and the Associate Press have at this time confirmed The Atlantic story. If it’s trolling, I have to admire their commitment to it.

So, the way I look at it is this: Trumps loves war criminals, but ridicules and despises those who give their lives.

Ooooooo-kaaaaayyyyy - So, Pelosi is being pilloried for doing what Trump insisted she should be doing? There's no pleasing some people...

Or are people complaining that there's been a security leak? If it is security camera footage, then the person or people responsible for the camera need to lock down access to it. If access has been locked down, then they have a data breach - and that is something to worry about.

EDIT: If it wasn't a security camera, well... paparazzi are a fact of life once one is famous.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rob, the entire point of accusing a woman of not taking care of her appearance is to put her into an impossible position.

Either she takes care of herself and is vain, or she doesn't and is ugly.
Apply the same standard to men, then.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(09-04-2020, 09:01 PM)robkelk Wrote: Apply the same standard to men, then.
But then society would fall apart!  Rolleyes Tongue

On a different subject, Arnie, upon hearing that the reason for closing Polling Stations is due to 'Budgetary issues' has offered to pay for some of them himself
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/arno...qX8GqLQTvJ
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54039710

Trump refuses to condemn Russia over poisoning

In other news, he's also been calling all the evidence he'd been supported by Russia, "fake news". Just in case anyone had missed it.
U.S. Homeland Security warns that Russia is trying to undermine confidence in mail-in voting

Oddly so is Trump, what are the odds?

"she did not give enough notice"= we did not have enough time to hide all the dismantling were doing.

Postal Service police block Florida congresswoman from touring USPS plants

Just like the Spanish Armada:
http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/multiple...ake-travis

Maybe Trump can throw them some cans of soup or paper towels

Satire concerning that MAGAt boat parade sinking in Texas over the Labor Day weekend, by Alexandra Petri.  

Possibly the best single sentence is:

Quote:And not since Moby Dick have I seen so many boats sent to the depths by a great white wail.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
If you're curious about why those boats sank in Texas -- and why conservative boat parades are more likely to sink than liberal boat parades, this is an excellent article:

Those boats in Texas paraded at the wrong speed
.... It's not a pay wall per say, but there is a wall nonetheless, and my scriptblocker seems to be unable to bypass it.
I can't even get in with my university subscription without throwing my password for my university accounts around. Which I'm not willing to risk.

Based on the previews on Facebook links that did turn up on a quick search, the issue was running the boats slower than they were designed for (planning hulls at displacement speeds) which caused the observed issues. As for how liberals differ, that is less clear.

Possibly we/they buy fewer speedboats statistically speaking? I wouldn't know, I've never felt a great affinity for water deeper than a puddle.
-Now available with copious trivia!
I don't see a paywall. I'm using a VPN at work but it only works on our internal domains, I'm pretty sure.

Here's a non-paywall link: http://archive.is/CY1x5

Yes, that's the main reason. Liberal elite buy sailboats, conservative elite buy speedboats. And then put tremendous, tremendous motors on them. You won't believe the size of these motors, in terms of bigness.

But also, fluid dynamics.
I knew things were bad south of the border, but I didn't know they were this bad.

Registering to vote in Ontario, Canada:
  • Check a box on your income tax form.
If you don't pay taxes, there's a process that involves presenting two pieces of ID, one of which has your current address, at an Elections Canada office before the vote. While an election is in progress, there is an elections Canada office in each polling district. (So, yeah, bring in your parolee card and your most recent credit card statement, or fill out an online form and attach scans of them before the election, and you're good.)

Registering to vote in Wisconsin, USA:
  1. Provide proof of name and date of birth, proof of identity, proof of Wisconsin residency, proof of citizenship or resident status, and SSN in order to get ID issued by the Department of Transport.
  2. Provide that government-issued ID and proof of citizenship when filling out a two-page form requesting to be put on the voters list
  3. Don't change your address for 28 days before the election.
  4. Don't be in jail, on parole, or on probation.

Maybe the UN should send in troops to restore democracy in the USA.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
For most people here registration is automatic. The government already knows where you live on your 18th Birthday and they already know where to send the jury service letter - voter registration is the same list.

If you're not registered Here's the form. The only gotcha is that it has to be countersigned in a police station - but that's the case for a lot of state forms. Passports are the same, for example.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.