Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROTFL - Rise From the Dead
ROTFL - Rise From the Dead
So, finding a good Human in Equestria fic is kinda hard these days.  The good ones are all either long-running stories that I'm already following, are NOT about humans in Equestria, or are shorts that, while good, don't quite have the satisfaction slogging through a long, well written story has.

I took a chance on this one and I haven't regretted it.

The basic premise is that Anon lives with Twilight Sparkle - a version of her that is incredibly autistic - and for whatever reason, Anon has been taking down her Friendship Reports instead of Spike.

You can easily imagine where this is going.

The best part is that someone else has been doing a side-long fic for this one that contains Celestia's responses to Anon's... missives.

Here's one of my favorite Friendship Reports.

Quote:Dear Princess Cellphone,

Today I learned that hickeys are a mark of sexual love, and should not be used to show affection for a family member.

Your freak with a streak,
50 Shades of Purple

The original fic, Dear Princess Sunbutt: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/450053/...ss-sunbutt

And the sister fic, To Anon: From HRH Sunbutt: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/450190/...rh-sunbutt

EDIT: And now, a snippet from the sister-fic, provided with no context whatsoever.

Quote:Dear Anon,

I am revoking your 'only sane one' card for the week.
Do you want zombie parasprite apocolypses? This is how you get zombie parasprite apocolypses.

Your friend,
Tia

Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.
"They did not care about all the other attempts wizards had made on the Lone Power through history; as far as a computer is concerned, there is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worst, rewritten."
-Diane Duane, High Wizardry
"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
RE: ROTFL - Rise From the Dead
The first two comments to this Friendship is Dragons strip:

Quote:RuBoo:
Ah, so that’s how it’s gonna go down, is it?

Usyra:
Well, duh. It's like putting the Three Stooges in charge of guarding the pie room.
--
Rob Kelk

Since it's an election year in the USA: How to Immigrate to Canada, direct from the Government of Canada's website. "How you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada."

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Not so much from a fic as from an omake for a Worm fic (taylor Varga)
Quote:Amy: Behold my latest and greatest invention! A super-organism that will render all politicians obsolete!

Lisa: Amy... You've trained two parrots to scream obscenities at each other non-stop.

Amy: Not true! I also dyed them red and blue.
Oh boy.  Here's a great zinger from Salvage, Sarcasm, and Submarines.

Premise: Georgia is an Abysal Ohio-class sub.  Chitose is an IJN Seaplane Tender Kanmusu.

Together, they fight crime!

Er, rather, they just finished an argument over whether or not Chitose's actions will be considered traitorous.  They also have a Ri-class with them that they "turned" and renamed Hakone.  She's... very NAIVE.... but she's just been retrofitted to launch Mk48 Torpedoes soooooo yeah.

Quote:We started walking back to a worried Hakone, standing next to the smoking fairies. "You know these caravans have been going on for the past two years, right? Vietnam can survive one more, especially if they get your help to go along with it." I murmured. Chitose didn't reply, though judging from her grin, she heard.

"Are mommy and daddy finished fighting?" Hakone said worriedly. The construction fairies above her head started roaring out laughing.

"WHAT/Whaat?!" Me and Chitose exclaimed almost simultaneously.

"HAAA! I told you she'd say it! I friggen told you!" One of the fairies said, slapping her overall covered knee. Another started choking, apparently having swallowed her cigarette butt. "I know these new constructs are gullible, but wow they really parrot back anything you tell em to say!"

"...Damn fairies"

"...Agreed"

Start reading here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...t-66050544

Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.
"They did not care about all the other attempts wizards had made on the Lone Power through history; as far as a computer is concerned, there is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worst, rewritten."
"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
BA, from what i've been told, Georgia isn't just an Ohio class sub, (abyssal) but actually is the current OMFG-REFIT that stripped out its nuclear launch capability for something like 120-160 cruise missiles
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(10-16-2020, 05:53 PM)Rajvik Wrote: BA, from what i've been told, Georgia isn't just an Ohio class sub, (abyssal) but actually is the current OMFG-REFIT that stripped out its nuclear launch capability for something like 120-160 cruise missiles

She is. "OMFG" in this case stands for the four subs that received the conversion -- Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Georgia.
24 ICBM tubes were converted to 22 7-Tomohawk launch tubes and two special forces airlocks.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Also, it's the reaction of current WWII shipgirls when she demonstrates her abilities.

Wink
--
‎noli esse culus
it was also the reaction from one of the congressional staffers from what i've heard when the AFC received the Pentagons specs on the rebuild
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(10-18-2020, 06:16 PM)Rajvik Wrote: it was also the reaction from one of the congressional staffers from what i've heard when the AFC received the Pentagons specs on the rebuild

Well yeah.  That's more firepower than a Ticonderoga-class Cruiser can pack.  (128 VLS Cells (122 if they have the strike-down cranes) vs 154 Tomahawks)  The only way that can be any better was if they converted a few launch tubes to fire Harpoon missiles... but then again, that's what Mk48 torpedoes are for.  Tongue