Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
Still around, still kicking, but now with my first stick of the vaccine as of this morning.
Got my Vaccine yesterday. Feel generally okay, but sweated so much last night my bed was soaking this morning.
Stilll healthy, still OK,still going into work.
Still here, still working, friends and family are, too. 'Bout as much as can be said nowadays.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Still alive, well, and of normal size. As noted on the other COVID thread, I've got my first jab lined up for Wednesday fortnight. My older brother stopped by today to drop off some things and pick up some others; he's staying overnight so he can see what our dad is like first thing in the morning. (He's already had both his jabs, so is probably safe.)
Home from Florida trip. My brother and his wife have got their first shots. Second shots coming around mid-May, probably. Their nephew... well, it's going to be a while before kids can get it, from what I can tell. Maybe end of the year, or so.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Welp, it's officially two weeks since I got my second shot. I find myself wondering if I should bother with future check-ins since I'm presumably now as protected from Covid-19 as I'm going to get. I don't expect to socialize significantly more although hopefully, I'll be doing more local shopping and less buying from Amazon.
Still managing SAN rolls. Looking forward to May 9th when I can see people in my own home again.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still alive, well, and of slightly-abnormal size.

Still despairing of my neighbours' inability to understand why masks are important.

Still self-isolating.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Another year older, and vacinated. But it doesn't matter as one still has to behave as if no one has been.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Yeah, I'm still doing OK and going to work.
Welp, my predictions re: my activities panned out, thus far. I didn't leave the house once last week.
Still here, and still slowly coming to grips with how my life will change in the near future. I've got a discussion with the kidney clinic next week about the kinds of dialysis available, from home dialysis to hemo in the clinic. Then diet changes, lifestyle changes, and a lot of time ramping up the new normal. Whatever that looks like. From this side it's just a lot of fear and uncertainty. Still hanging on.
Still managing to avoid SAN degradation, but barely. Looking forward to finally having visitors. To the house. With all the trimmings, so to speak.

Looks like the upcoming new normal for us still involves a lot of Zoom tabletop, but the weekly schedule will be punctuated with a face to face get together upwards of once a month. Still no restaurants or club gatherings for us, we need some time to see how the vaccination process finally settles in and whether or not we avoid having a vaccine avoider come into existence and force us to back it all off again.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
finally managed to get a vaccine shot scheduled; Friday, next week
(04-06-2021, 06:16 AM)LynnInDenver Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 04:30 AM)Labster Wrote: In other news, I'm planning to hunker for another two months.  So like, if vaccines are 90% effective, that means enough people have to take them so that they are unlikely to pass from person to person.  People don't understand math, or that vaccines are far less likely to harm them than contracting the virus, which means avoiding people for a little while longer.

Very much the case. We're getting vaccinated here, but we're also very specifically only considering it enabling us to have our also-vaccinated friends over to the house, not going out to restaurants or anything.

Again, October at the earliest for the larger stuff for us. We aren't planning on doing restaurants until November, at which point we should know one way or another whether we're finally ending this thing, or we have that small contingent refusing vaccines being big enough that we can't end it.

I have canceled my hunkering after only one month.  For one, the vaccination rate locally looks really good (49%/36%), and our local cases (2.2/100000) are half the state average.  And omg, it is so nice to have a haircut.  I look terrible with long hair.  It is so great to not have to tie my hair off.

And I went to an outdoor dinner party with an old college housemate.  It just so happens that his girlfriend has some family that lives in town, and they're all rich (MDs and JDs mostly) so they've been vaccinated a long time now.  Honestly the 1% are more interesting than most people, though it does get frustrating to hear them talking about which model Tesla they want to buy next when I'm still screwing around with the DMV for a 25 year old car.

I'm not doing restaurants, but I am doing travel next week.  I'm heading out to a few parks and monuments in the desert with a friend from work.  I guess she thought I had some spare time on my hands after I quit. Smile  The end destination is Carlsbad Caverns, so nice of her to choose a park that's an enclosed space.  But New Mexico has a pretty good vaccination rate.

I still need dose #2 but eh: YOLO, right?  I don't qualify until the day the trip starts, and given how bad the parents did with dose #2 I'll just do it when I'm back.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Still alive, still at home... and still not going back to the office any time soon.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Escaped from lockdown.

Currently on the south coast, getting a break from work. Have a beach that would normally be packed with people all to myself, under a warm sun. All good things have to end. Weather's to turn crap tomorrow and next week at work promises to be tough.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Still doing the Job thing.  Oh, and still not bad.  (double negative for the win!)
Still managing. Since we're fully vacced, we've started the slow parade of visitors and well wishers through our home.
Still alive. Still employed. Still under lockdown... which has just been extended to at least June 2.

Still waiting for my second jab... which is still scheduled for August, because we still can't get enough vaccines from the USA.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just got home from getting my 1st shot (Phizer if you're interested)
<applause>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
So, recovered from the spontanious pizza party at the office.  Socal distancing and seperate pizzas, but brought in drinks.

That was the most people in the office since lockdown started.

As far as I can tell, I'm still fine.  Final cleaning of the office on Monday will be an issue, but we have proper cleaners coming in to deal with disinfection.
Got my first Moderna on Wednesday as scheduled. Haven't yet scheduled the second shot because the sign-up was sent as a text to my phone and I keep forgetting about my texts.