Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
Still here.
Checking in, still working.
Still here. Just marking time and waiting for this endless madness to end.

Got Cyberpunk when it came out yesterday, and having reached the big plotline reveal at the end of act one, all I can say is...

(Cue Keanu-voice...): "Whoah!!!"
I wonder if R.Talsorian managed to get a tabletop edition out to match it? I'd normally expect it as a matter of course, but, well, R.Tal and release schedules.
--
‎noli esse culus
All quiet in Chez Chris. My parents are up for the holidays, isolating for a week before we can get together.

As for Cyberpunk I know the miniatures are out.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
♪ I know exactly what I mean when I say / It's a twenty-twenty day! ♫

At least the day is almost over...
--
‎noli esse culus
Still alive, well, and of normal size. I was supposed to be going in to the local cardiology office tomorrow to get fitted for a 48-hour Holter monitor, but they're calling that off because she's expected to snow heavy, so it's been pushed back to January 6 (December 23 and 30 were out because they would've required me to come in for the removal on Christmas, and New Year's, Day respectively, and I guess the people in charge of such things only come in on Wednesdays).
Still ticking along.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Ditto.
Had a busy start to the week, but still working.
Nothing new or interesting here.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Not covid, but I lost my balance and fell, getting a few scrapes and badly bruising my right palm. Since hNDS HAVE A LOT OF NERVES, THIS HURTS WORRSE THAN WHEN i HAD SOME TEETH OUT a couple years back, so I can't stop shaking, whi ch of course makes it worse, esp if I smack it intyo smth a buncha times. Also. while I'm not a terrible left-[only typist or trackballer, it's awkward and my bad temper makes me care much less about typos. Also also, not going to go sit in a medical office for hours getting coughed on to get p[rescriptioon strength painkiller so the nrxyt couple days are going to suck. and how the everloving fuck did I smack rthe front of my pinky-knuckle againsst somethng on BOTH sides when I lannded with my hands open and facing down?
--
‎noli esse culus
No physical symptoms here... but a lot of emotional distress akin to cabin fever from this southern californian.

At what point can I go after that Ijit in Sacramento under the mythical Texas "Well, your honor, this politician JUST NEEDED KILLING" ????????
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Still here, still alive, just starting what in any other year would be the enviable position of "use it or lose it" vacation at the end of the year... but this year, I can't take advantage of two weeks off to actually go anywhere. Not even to go see a friend or two in town.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
isn't it hard to get ANYWHERE in Canada this time of year anyway, Rob?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Not necessarily. If you aren't crossing from one zone level to another, you can go somewhere... but Ottawa is an Orange zone surrounded by Red zones (worse) and Yellow or Green zones (better, but I'm not supposed to go to a better zone). I'm stuck in Ottawa - and Orange zone restrictions have most of the attractions closed (other than gambling, which isn't attractive to me).

EDIT: If I was one municipality west, I'd be in a Green zone that's contiguous to other Green zones all the way north of Algonquin Park, and I could go see relatives ... RE-EDIT: and my other relatives are now in a Gray zone (total lockdown)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeah, my county is in lockdown too 8(
Yeah, we're not in an actual lockdown here, but given CDC recommendations and, well, the whole risk factor, we're effectively housebound until we get past the plateau here.

In Colorado, the numbers have been actually declining, but I'm not considering it better than a plateau until we're 2-3 weeks PAST the holiday season and still actively declining.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Haven't reported here for quite a while now ... Dec 4 ...

Started vacation on Dec 11, same day the movers picked up my boxes.
Disassembled the second machine, leaving me with only going to the office for relatively short inet checks.
Traveled Dec 17 morning (PST) to Dec 18 evening (CET). KLM Vancouver to Duesseldorf, via Amsterdam.

The long-haul was only half-full as far as I could see, pretty much everybody had the seat next to them empty.
I certainly did. Had a wonderful view on the big dipper floating over the left wing of the plane about 1/3, i.e. 3h in.

The short-haul OTOH was full. At least everybody was wearing masks.

In the airports some unfortunately covered only the mouth, leaving their nose free. More in AMS I think. Maybe because while waiting in AMS, and comparing the dutch/english PSAs I learned that the dutch word for face mask seems to re-translate as "mouth cap".

So, now sitting back in my parent's^Wfather's house in Willich, Germany again. First box assembled and clearly in working order.

Here it is cloudy, rainy, wet. Good luck with the snow on the americanadian east coast.

Oh, covid, right ... Feeling ok still. (Last test was Dec 15 in Vancouver, and good (negative for C)).
So, might have been lucky and not caught anything during the travel.
(12-19-2020, 12:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: Not necessarily. If you aren't crossing from one zone level to another, you can go somewhere... but Ottawa is an Orange zone surrounded by Red zones (worse) and Yellow or Green zones (better, but I'm not supposed to go to a better zone). I'm stuck in Ottawa - and Orange zone restrictions have most of the attractions closed (other than gambling, which isn't attractive to me).

EDIT: If I was one municipality west, I'd be in a Green zone that's contiguous to other Green zones all the way north of Algonquin Park, and I could go see relatives ... RE-EDIT: and my other relatives are now in a Gray zone (total lockdown)

Looks like I spoke too soon. According to reliable sources, if you're in Ontario, wherever you are on December 24 is where you'll be for the following 28 days. (Or 14 days if you're north of Sudbury.) We'll know for sure after 1pm ET

This is to give the front-line healthcare workers a Christmas present of no post-Christmas pandemic surge. Considering cases have been surging since October, this is necessary in order to keep the health care system functioning at all.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It's official. Every major city in Ontario is part of the 28 day total lockdown. I already have anger management issues under normal circumstances. Putting me in a box for a month is a recipe for disaster. I've gotta see about walks or stuff like that. I've already had two major blowouts with roommates this month. Not looking forward to another month of this.
You should come to California.  I just spent a good portion of the tenth day of our lockdown stuck in traffic on the 405.  There are things that are probably against the rules going on, but no one is enforcing them.  Most of the time, people wear masks when Christmas shopping, but sometimes they forget or decide not to or something.  It's like a massive experiment for libertarian public health.

As for my update, everyone at home is healthy, the weather is great, and the dog is (hopefully) pregnant.  My aunt is in a nursing home, probably from deciding she really didn't need that medicine for bipolar disorder one too many times, and now it's progressed to dementia.  Stay on drugs, kids.

One thing that remains closed is all the late-night entertainment.  I'm turning the Christmas lights off around 10 PM now because there's no one to see them -- hardly any night traffic, even if there is plenty in the day.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Oh, dear. I've been negligent in checking in, haven't I? Sorry, folks!

Doing well pandemic-wise, but I've managed to put on 30 pounds due to so much inactivity. Ugh.

Work security on Christmas Eve, but managed to swap with someone to have Christmas Day off.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukah, and a Festive Life Day!

*happy Wookiee noises*
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Right, I need to check-in too. I went out to do some shopping for Christmas dinner and my phone apparently went AWOL. Oh joy. Hopefully, the supermarket has it and I don't have to try to replace it over the holiday.
Still here, but actually on holiday 'til the new year.