Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
Yeah, it's above freezing, but not by much - especially with a breeze!

Also had a couple of different week-long renters from Texas come through the community gate after I posted.

I understand cabin fever, but why go where there's nothing to do? The most exciting thing to happen here recently is that the theatre reopened! *shakes head*
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
So, back to work after the hols.  All the fun of tons of emails to go through.  Still OK otherwise.
At least you have a theater. Ours have been closed 9 months and the trends show they may never re-open if Newsome has his way. True or not, I've become convinced that he's been using this as an excuse to try and wipe out all the fun things in life he doesn't like
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
So just updating here (yes, I know, more than one check-in this week), we bent our going out rules a bit and did our scant bit of "support local retail" as best we could today. Hit a local game store because we actually had some old Magic cards to trade in (a friend gave them to us to do what we will, and we don't play rabbithole games), so we got $260 in trade credit, so we brought home four board games, a couple of decks of playing cards, some more dice for D&D (we need Laura Bailey's dice bag, seriously), and a couple of character trackers for our characters in the campaign we're in.

Then we hit the local hobby store and bought some models, pretty much all Bandai. Chris got a Doramon, a Pac-Man, and a Sega Saturn (yes, a little model kit of a game console), and I got myself a Voltron Legendary Defender.

My husband has been informed by his work that they're still going to be working remotely for the foreseeable future; I don't expect him to be going back in at least until they start Stage 3 Vaccinations (read: General Populace, Stage 2 is Risk Factors, Stage 1B (starting) is elderly and high risk who are NOT in care facilities, Stage 1A (current) is hospital workers and in-care patients).
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Well, isn't this fun? The UK variant has been found in Pennsylvania. Yeah, the article's dated the seventh, but I only saw it yesterday.
Hmmmmm... Looks like Rajvik hasn't been on the forum all calendar year. Anybody heard from him?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(01-12-2021, 06:11 PM)robkelk Wrote: Hmmmmm... Looks like Rajvik hasn't been on the forum all calendar year. Anybody heard from him?

He got pissed when Biden was elected in November and haven't seen him here since.

*edit* OK, I hadn't seen him.
Not exactly true. The board user log shows that he was last here January 1, at 1 AM EST.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(01-12-2021, 06:37 PM)RMH999 Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:11 PM)robkelk Wrote: Hmmmmm... Looks like Rajvik hasn't been on the forum all calendar year. Anybody heard from him?

He got pissed when Biden was elected in November and haven't seen him here since.

hopefully he wasn't one of the idiots storming the Capitol building.
(01-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Not exactly true.  The board user log shows that he was last here January 1, at 1 AM EST.

He lives in the Central time zone, though.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-12-2021, 06:48 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Not exactly true.  The board user log shows that he was last here January 1, at 1 AM EST.

He lives in the Central time zone, though.

He does? I thought he lives in Florida which is in the Eastern Time zone.
[Image: 1200px-US-Timezones.svg.png]
If he is Central, that puts his presence here moments after the new year. And there is a bit of Florida that is in Central time -- it's the part of the Panhandle that props up Alabama.

EDIT: I just dropped him an email at the address he registered with. If he replies I'll pass it on.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
He's on SB and SV, and I've seen him there, recently, even.

Don't know if he's part of the coup attempt.
I do believe he is the one that writes 'my name is No No' isnt he?
NO QUARTER!

Still here, still no covid. Ontario is going into full lockdown until roughly mid-February at this point. I need to Instacart groceries today. Last spring, even the delivery services were hit and miss for a couple weeks.
I'm in Ontario and have been designated 'Essential' (not sure why, I work in a factory)

They gave us a sheet of paper with the company's name/address/etc to show any cops that pull us over. It good only for going to and from work and we've been warned that using it for other things could result in termination, not that I'd planned to do so.
I have been instructed to work from home during the lockdown... and I got one of those letters, too. On letterhead, in both official languages. But now I can go to any of our sites that I've been told to not go to!

So, yeah - I'm still here physically, but my sanity's gone bye-bye for a couple of minutes.

(beat)

Aw, it came back...

EDIT: Okay, okay - there's a chance that I might have to go on-site to troubleshoot something or sign for a delivery. That's why I got the letter.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rajvik has contacted me. He's okay, but he's basically leaving the forums for political reasons. He notes that yes, he can still be found on SB and SV.
-- Bob

Wow, what a snowflake. I guess this is how we find out he’s left our fanfic project There’s Nothing Better which lives on these forums.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Hey, he's alive. That's the important part. We can discuss the fanfic on its own subforum.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Pepperpot A: Been gaming?

Pepperpot B: No, been gaming. Say, is that a penguin attempting to livestream?

Pepperpot A: Ooh, you don't see that very often.

(penguin explodes)

Pepperpot B: I don't think 'is new camera was compatible.
--
‎noli esse culus
I can't say I blame him... at this point, he's incapable of not going into the Politics forum, so I can understand leaving.

In other news, still ticking here. Trying to get some more projects done around the house. My husband's parents have brought us enough fruit I went and purchased a cheap juicer so that we can consume it in a reasonable timeframe.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still OK, still working, still trying to use up my holiday (failing)...
I think everyone is well here.  I've been coughing a little bit, which is not an amazing sign, but it is coinciding with a Santa Ana wind event so there's another likely cause.  A little better today than yesterday.

It's been mostly quiet in the neighborhood, except for the ambulances.  And the helicopters landing on the hospital.  Oh, and the drag races, at least one of those a day.  And the birthday party I saw yesterday.  Don't worry, the people were keeping 3 feet of social distance (2 feet distance for the kids 'cause they're smaller).  In Los Angeles, they say 1 in 3 people has contracted the novel coronavirus over the last year based on models -- it's only 1 in 9 if we go on actual test results.  The good news there is we're beginning to see some herd immunity, as new cases have plateaued.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Well, we will see. IF this is true, then hopefully in a couple more months we will see the downtrend that will allow us outdoor dining and the like again.
NO QUARTER!