Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
RE: COVID-19 Check-In Thread Part III
I'm still here.

Revenue wants 900 euro from me. I don't call it a good morning.

I'm back to struggling at work, as usual. I can just about get my bearings then, as soon as the pressure ramps up, I'm unable to cope and it all falls apart. It is what it is.

Once failure becomes possible, it becomes impossible to avoid.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Still here. Having trouble getting my butt out of the house even for necessary trips.
A month since my move back to germany. Still good.
Still nothing happening here. Trying to learn the ins and outs of the new stove. It's got those metal sensor things in the center of the element. Some of the older pots aren't flat across the bottom, and don't press it down when placed on top, so naturally, the element won't turn on even when you select it. <sigh> Feeping bloody creaturism...
I can understand the frustration... a well intentioned safety feature has basically invalidated some of your old cookware and mandates it be replaced.

In other news, still ticking, starting to get into the overall personal story arc of my character in the tabletop RPG we've been playing over Zoom.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Still chugging away at the office.
(01-21-2021, 01:06 AM)Dragonflight Wrote: Still nothing happening here. Trying to learn the ins and outs of the new stove. It's got those metal sensor things in the center of the element. Some of the older pots aren't flat across the bottom, and don't press it down when placed on top, so naturally, the element won't turn on even when you select it. <sigh> Feeping bloody creaturism...

Surely you can just put something on it, or in it, to fool the sensor or bypass it?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Would a diffuser plate, usually used for gas burners, do any good?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I’m fine, my laptop, not so much. Not sure what the problem is, but I think it’s got something to do with the graphics card. The display goes wonky, and updating the graphics driver seemed to fix it for a while but then it went nuts again.

Fortunately, I have an iPad I can use for the time being.
Dammit, I'm late again. Still here, everybody.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
As long as you're not the wrong kind of "late"...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
At this point, even the "My period Is..." Type of late is a good thing?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(01-21-2021, 09:07 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Would a diffuser plate, usually used for gas burners, do any good?

(Looks up what a diffuser plate is)

Interesting... I think that might work. I'll need to look into that. Thanks!
You're welcome, and let me know how it goes!
-- Bob

Still alive and kicking (and screaming internally).  Still going into the office.
Still here. Still trying to keep the nonessential trips out of the house down. Still tabletop gaming (oh boy howdy did my character's life get more complicated in a hurry), still trying to make things, still trying to keep my sanity score from dropping further.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Sanity score? You still have a nonzero sanity score? I think mine zeroed out ages ago.

I’m still alive though.
I think mine went negative....
NO QUARTER!

And mine is entirely imaginary at this point.
Still here, still not COVID. Work from home extended to at least June 30th.
o hai
can haz stdio?
i haz a var SAN
SAN == sqrt(-1)*pi
visible "I am fine."
kthxbye
--
‎noli esse culus
Iä ftaghn.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
New month, same message.  Still well, still going into the office.
Same sh*t, different week. This week I've done some ODing on YouTube. :/
You too, huh?

Well, I also made the mistake of looking in the news. 8 officers of the LAPD have died from this. Damn Job is hazardous enough, you know?

Also, not sure where else to put it, but apparently the State of California just fined San Quentin prison half a mil for poor corona preparations. How does that even work? and in the end arn't the ones who suffer the most from this action the Inmates anyway?
NO QUARTER!

(02-04-2021, 10:57 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: Also, not sure where else to put it, but apparently the State of California just fined San Quentin prison half a mil for poor corona preparations.  How does that even work?  and in the end arn't the ones who suffer the most from this action the Inmates anyway?

Well, the inmates can presumably pass it to the staff who can then pass it to their families. And that's not considering whether or not the inmates in question actually deserve to be there. The way things work in this country, it wouldn't surprise me if a significant chunk of them don't.

There's also the little problem that I would bet on the prison's ability to prepare for the pandemic being dependent on the resources available from the state for those preparations. I'm not a Californian, so I don't know how well California did on that score early in the pandemic. What I've been seeing lately from the California residents on the forums, not to mention Caitlyn Doughty's tearful YouTube video about funeral homes being overwhelmed with corpses, says very clearly that the state hasn't been doing well lately.

Oh yeah, I'm still here.