Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trailers Thread II
RE: The Trailers Thread II
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Masters of the Universe: Revalation

The Tomorrow War trailer 2
new Suicide Squad trailer
New? Didn't that come out, like, five years ago?

e: Are they remaking it already?
--
‎noli esse culus
It seems to be a sequel. The first one was titled "Suicide Squad", this one is "The Suicide Squad" (why they just didn't call it Suicide Squad 2 is anybody's guess)
Shing-chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings trailer#2

Sing 2
Okay, so, this is bothering me despite not really caring: What exactly does "shot Superman with a kryptonite bullet once" bring to a group with actual superpowers that Waller would go so far to recruit him? Assuming Harley's cockroach like ability t0o survive counts as a superpower for IC justification of her OOC power to fill seats with fanboys. I have the faint impression from various fanfic that she hates and distrusts metahumans so I guess it could just be wanting a normie to ride herd on the rest, but by the same token why would a bunch of supers listen to him in that case?
--
‎noli esse culus
(06-27-2021, 08:15 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Okay, so, this is bothering me despite not really caring: What exactly does "shot Superman with a kryptonite bullet once" bring to a group with actual superpowers that Waller would go so far to recruit him? Assuming Harley's cockroach like ability t0o survive counts as a superpower for IC justification of her OOC power to fill seats with fanboys. I have the faint impression from various fanfic that she hates and distrusts metahumans so I guess it could just be wanting a normie to ride herd on the rest, but by the same token why would a bunch of supers listen to him in that case?

Bloodsport. As the backstory indicates, he's not the "normie riding herd." That's Captain Rick Flag, Jr., played in the films by Joel Kinnaman.

Not all of the Squad are superhuman or have superpowers. Many of them are Batman, Green Arrow, or Flash rogues that are merely well trained and use specialty gear (e.g., Deadshot and his armor and Captain Boomerang and his 'rangs). Some aren't even chosen by Waller for their weird gimmicks; the Penguin was drafted to develop an extraction scenario for a Soviet defector (he was outraged (waugh!) when Waller told him that he was going along). As the wiki indicates, Bloodsport is fearless, well trained, possesses advanced weapons technology, and has a mile-high mountain of guilt over his brother that Waller can twist and manipulate (though they may drop or alter that, given the temporal distance that the Vietnam War is now at).
looks like they're using his daughter for the emotional manipulation in this case

as for Harley, it depends on which version is being used. Originally she had no powers, , later she became immune to toxins (a gift injection from poison Ivy when they started hanging out a lot). I believe the current storyline is that the chemical bath that bleached her skin also gave her enhanced strength and toughness (not superhuman levels, but more major bodybuilder levels than what you'd expect from looking at her)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
-- Bob

Marvel's What If trailer

-- Bob

Black Panther 2 teaser

Turning Red (Pixar)
So... fuzzy red pre-teen Hulk?
-- Bob

The Suicide Squad trailer 4

Dungeons and Dragons cinematic trailer
-- Bob

'Video is unavailable' Bob

teaser for Pirates of the Caribbean 6: Return of Davy Jones
Quote:'Video is unavailable' Bob

Must be region-locked or whatever.
-- Bob

-- Bob

Marvel's What If ...? trailer 3
Venom: Let There be Carnage trailer 2

a new Free Guy trailer
-- Bob

Spider-man: No Way Home

EDIT: Mandalorian Season 3 teaser Trailer