Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If only I could find a way to use this...
If only I could find a way to use this...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: If only I could find a way to use this...
Bob, they're in Japan, and Usagi is a confirmed, canonical manga fan. Why would she NOT cosplay as a fellow warrior princess in the lack of corporate IP concerns? Big Grin

Even if there's no DC Comics in her world, Doug has been traveling and collectiong various media for quite some time, and is her superheroing mentor as well - slinging a run of one of the versions closer to the original conception as a heroic role model for girls her way isn't too far fetched, surely?

E2: Or Usagi could find his comics stash herself on one of the times when she's pillaging his archives for new music and stuff, for that matter. Like if she searched for stuff about princesses but didn't specify the medium/format.

ETA: Usagi's powers are pretty much "what Usagi believes her powers are" so when the inevitable monster attack interrupts, she could very easily still have the lasso and discover it works more or less as depicted after transforming, if she's thinking something about how it would be really useful to have a capture option to deal with mind-controlled civilians or an enemy they need information from at the time...
--
‎noli esse culus
...good ideas all, and maybe I can fit one of them in somewhere.  I can tell you that at the end of chapter 4 everything changes dramatically and the plot will no longer be riding the rails of the first season, so maybe I can find a place for something like this.

In the mean time, this brought the following image by comic book artist D.J. Kirkland (from 2014) to mind, and I spent a good half hour searching for it in my archives. After all the work I put to find it, I'm going to post it here whether it's relevant or not.

.jpg   Sailor bat.jpg (Size: 82.5 KB / Downloads: 116)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Well, the Bat family has been known to take "Business trips" into other countries.

I could see this Happening as the Current Bat girl sends proof that Sailor Moon exists.

Followed by Nightwing (D. Grayson) handing Robin (Damien Wayne) a five dollar bill. ...
Insert previous comments about Sailor Moon and Moon Knight here....