Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][INFO][PLOT][RFC] Parting Gifts
[OOC][INFO][PLOT][RFC] Parting Gifts
In order to help avoid confusion over what I'm claiming as exclusively mine and what I'm leaving to be free to use in TNB, I'm making this thread as a sort of sorting pile.

It will also be useful in that any old material we find that we meant to include, but simply forgot to because we lost track of it, can be reposted here for inclusion on the TNB wiki.

Thing is, I don't want this to be an acrimonious affair.  I'm already hurting enough as is, and I know I'm not going to gain anything by making this any more difficult than it must be.  And I think it would probably be very helpful (and safer) if there is some record of me stating clearly what I would be keeping for myself, and what will be left behind.  Hence, this thread, which has the helpfully suggested title of "Parting Gifts", meant in an unironic, non-sarcastic way.

I also don't want to be seen as some horse's ass of a man-child for just dropping everything and running.  I *will* do my part to help ensure a smooth transition to the new normal, up to and including suggesting ideas to cover up the bald spots that the removal of my content is going to create.

That said, let's get started with the basics.

My SI character is off-limits.

This isn't something that's being done out of childishness.  Rather, the only sort of person that would be able to get him right will be someone just as psychologically damaged as I am, and therefore prone to making the same mistakes I have over the course of this project.  We have no one like that on the writing staff at this time - no offense at all to any of them, but it's very difficult for most people to wrap their head around what I went through as a child and even as an adult.  Even this process of giving up this baby of mine is unimaginable for them - not even Bob could think of what would have to transpire for him to walk away from Drunkard's Walk, let alone the anguish it would cause him.

I don't hold this against them, because such understanding comes at great difficulty and emotional hand wringing.  The Trope "You Don't Want To Know" applies to my past in spades.  Seriously.  You Don't Want To Know, and it's made some of my writing, even if ultimately rewarding, something that is very difficult to stomach.

If you, future writer, feel that you can pull it off, then you're welcome to try.  But not with Benjamin.  He is me and I am him, which is part of the reason why I'm having to walk away from here in the first place.

This means that Trita is off limits as well.  She is my darling little sister who I never got to have in my life.  In the isekai stories where the protagonist is ridiculed and abused by the rest of their family, Trita would have been the character who defiantly stands up against her own family for the sake of her brother, and unabashedly show her love.

Trita would be the overpowered little girl who giggles the most adorable laugh... all while destroying her enemies in a manner that is hilarious at first, until the Fridge Horror sets in and you realize just what this child did for the sake of her beloved brother.  And later on in life, she would be the personification of the phrase, "She is beauty, she is grace, she will kick you in the face."

To let someone else write her without being involved myself will feel like I'm letting you take away one of my precious loved ones.

Alicia Testarossa, however, I will leave open for someone else to use as a character in their stories.

My only request, though, is that you come up with your own story if you wish to have her resurrected.  This is because the plot behind her and Benjamin's story is so very intrinsic to the person I am.  I've had so much taken away from me that to see someone else have to go through such unfairness would have driven me up the wall like that.

More generally speaking, I would appreciate it if the overall plots for my stories were not used in TNB.  Individual elements from said plots are fine, but I would also appreciate it if people asked first.

With all of this said, I'll be going through the posts in the TNB Subforum I've authored and creating a listing of things that are open and things that are off-limits.  If someone wants to ask about something specific, then by all means, please do so.  I'm more than willing to be cooperative.
RE: [OOC][INFO][PLOT][RFC] Parting Gifts
Someone I missed.

Reinforce Taiga will be off-limits as well.

But only her.

The other Taiga-model Persocoms are just fine to have around, but Reinforce Taiga was always meant to be something special, unique, and so dearly precious that she would be treasured for all of her days.  There's plenty enough fun to be had with a whole bunch of angry chibi-Taigas anyhow.
(05-18-2022, 10:10 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: With all of this said, I'll be going through the posts in the TNB Subforum I've authored and creating a listing of things that are open and things that are off-limits.  If someone wants to ask about something specific, then by all means, please do so.  I'm more than willing to be cooperative.

It's been a month since Black Aeronaut made this offer. At this point, the remaining writers are proceeding under the assumption that the list won't be appearing. If we're wrong, well... we can all find this thread in the subforum even if it isn't stickied any more, and leaving it stickied just draws attention to something that I've been lead to believe everybody would prefer be left in the past.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(05-18-2022, 11:23 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Someone I missed.

Reinforce Taiga will be off-limits as well.

But only her.

The other Taiga-model Persocoms are just fine to have around, but Reinforce Taiga was always meant to be something special, unique, and so dearly precious that she would be treasured for all of her days.  There's plenty enough fun to be had with a whole bunch of angry chibi-Taigas anyhow.

Considering that not only was it my idea to create "palmtop Taiga" persocoms to begin with but also my idea to turn a "palmtop Taiga" into a Unison Device, we should make this nice and legal.

I make a parting gift to Black Aeronaut to be permitted to continue to use my "Reinforce Taiga" character.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown