Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Election - The curtain starts coming down
RE: 2020 Election - The curtain starts coming down
The problem with that is at least some of the mob members are getting pissed at being called Antifa and are pushing back. It's kind of hard to lie about who did it when it's his own most loyal followers -- the ones who would normally buy into any random lie he spouts -- and they want to be recognized for it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(01-10-2021, 09:55 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Marriott, Blue Cross, Commerce Bank and other big companies to cut off money to Congressional Republicans behind election challenges

The list is getting longer and longer...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(01-11-2021, 01:46 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Parler Users Unknowingly Gave Away Their Personal Data In Videos They Uploaded Illegally Storming Capitol Hill  (And boy did they give away a lot -- Parler was apparently a leeeeeetle bit more intrusive than Facebook or Twitter.)

Parler’s amateur coding could come back to haunt Capitol Hill rioters

The article describes the coding behind Parler as "amateur" and "rookie" -- and "a mess".
-- Bob

(01-12-2021, 05:42 AM)Labster Wrote: Trump dropped by biggest lender Deutsche Bank for future business

And according to this article at CNN:
Quote:On Monday, Signature Bank said it had started closing Trump's personal accounts and called for Trump to resign. The US bank also said it "will not do business in the future with any members of Congress who voted to disregard the Electoral College."
-- Bob

FBI, DOJ create sedition task force
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/leg...story.html

Seems the donors fleeing scared McConnell enough that he says he is in favor of impeachment
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...86325.html
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Why this teenager publicly ID'd her family at D.C's pro-Trump protests

Quote:"Seeing the video and seeing all the people and the FBI asking for identification of the individuals in the video, I decided after a lot of processing — because, of course, it's emotional and it is my family — I decided that this is the right thing to do."

Quote:"hi mom remember the time you told me I shouldn't go to BLM protests bc they could get violent...this you?"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system: Flattening the Third
McConnell is said to be pleased about impeachment, believing it will be easier to purge Trump from the G.O.P.

House GOP chair Liz Cheney, two other Republican lawmakers will vote to impeach Trump

Quote:In a statement, Cheney said Trump “summoned this mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack.”

“Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President,” the Republican conference chair said. “The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

Military Joint Chiefs condemn "sedition and insurrection" at US Capitol

One interesting takeaway from that:

Quote:CNN has learned the US Army is working with the Secret Service to determine if there are soldiers who will be part of the National Guard contingent providing security at Biden's inauguration who require additional background screening.
"There is no place for extremism in the military and we will investigate each report individually and take appropriate action," the spokesperson said.

EDIT TO ADD:

Trump, House GOP relationship suddenly deteriorates

Gee, I wonder why.
-- Bob

Meanwhile, so-called "patriots" are, predictably, starting to take the coward's way out:

Trump supporter, 53, who was arrested at Capitol riot kills himself at his home
-- Bob

Vermont college revokes honorary degree for Giuliani
-- Bob

Secretary of State Pompeo forced to cancel his European trip because everyone refuses to speak with him.
-- Bob

More insurrectionists who thought there would be no consequences are shocked to find that there are consequences.
-- Bob

According to Reuters, "Vice President Mike Pence said in a letter to House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi he is opposed to invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office."

Quote:I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our Nation or consistent with our Constitution

Mr. Pence, please explain to me how your Constitution is not consistent with your Constitution.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
He wants an impeachment trial because that looks less bad for him than invoking the 25th amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
Pompeo cancels Europe trip after Luxembourg snub - Because when your boss has fucked up this bad, even Luxembourg tells you to fuck off.

Going to rewrite this headline a bit, just to zazz it up a bit: General of the Space Force Condemns Insurrection along with the rest of the Joint Chiefs.  2021 is not quite The Future I was promised, but at least it's trying!

Riots and Congressional "safe room" were COVID-19 superspreader events.  Republicans weren't willing to wear masks even while the anti-mask leader was sending a mob of unmasked men to their workplace.  Outside, I can only imagine it was worse.

The thing about Parler amuses me greatly, because it seems like one of those running jokes about programmers who could clone Twitter in a week.  I mean, I could do it, if you on this board all wanted a Twitter clone.  But running an app for millions of people is another thing entirely.  I was honestly expecting Parler to outlast Voat, but here we are.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Oh, dear.  It seems Democrats may "martyr" President Windrip if they impeach him.  At least, it'll be martyrdom according to his friend, Farage of the B.U.F.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Tiny problem; Trump's going to be a key figure no matter what, martyrdom won't even change his impact.
I'm all in favour of healing.

You want a wound to heal cleanly?

First you need to remove any dirt driven in, clean out any rot and disinfect it, before sewing it up.
YouTube suspends Trump's channel for 7 days

He's running out of ways to make his voice heard... unless he pays for a server out of his own pocket and gets somebody to install a robust messaging system of some sort on it, he'll be reduced to (shock, gasp) looking at people while he talks directly to at them.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The way things are going, he may well have problems getting permits for rallies...
-- Bob

Trump is Number One in number of impeachments! The House has just voted to impeach him. Ten Republicans broke ranks to vote for it.

It now goes to the Senate (again).
-- Bob

Meanwhile, the hits to Trump's finances continue, as New York City terminates all contracts with the Trump Organization.

Trump's approval rating craters. Gee, I wonder why.

And in DC, Congressional Democrats are demanding information on unusually large groups of constituents taken on Capital tours by Congressional Republicans on January 5th.
-- Bob

(01-12-2021, 08:51 PM)robkelk Wrote: According to Reuters, "Vice President Mike Pence said in a letter to House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi he is opposed to invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump from office."

Quote:I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our Nation or consistent with our Constitution

Mr. Pence, please explain to me how your Constitution is not consistent with your Constitution.

That's easy.  Pence doesn't want him to be able to hold a political office ever again after this.  Invoking the 25th doesn't do this, but a conviction after an impeachment will.
WIRED Magazine: An Absurdly Basic Bug Let Anyone Grab All of Parler's Data

Quote:"This is as bad as it gets," White says. "It's gross incompetence on the part of Parler. They marketed themselves as a private, secure, unmoderated platform, and instead it's comedy hour."
-- Bob

Capitol insurrection may have claimed its first GOP candidacy

And speaking as a NJ voter, amen.
-- Bob

Reportedly, Trump is stiffing Rudy on his pay as his lawyer.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-...53337.html

Given the quality of work Rudy has done for him, I'm not going to blame him for this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...86613.html

He's claiming that his "trial by combat" quote was a reference to Game of Thrones, which he describes as a "documentary about fictitious medieval England" . . . .

And Trump's going "I've fired everyone who disagrees with me. Why am I surrounded by incompetent clowns?"