Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the old forums are now gone.
And the old forums are now gone.
I finally got off my butt and deleted the old forums over on Crapatalk.  I'd originally intended to delete them in early 2018, and didn't.  I've also locked it and made it private so nothing can get into it. 

I figure three years' worth of extra ad revenue and people getting redirected there by search engines is enough.

EDIT: And that image is now outdated; I finally found the place to rename the boards and change the various messages -- of course it's in a completely separate control panel from everything else -- so now it's the Nameless Forums at Crapatalk, and has up-to-date descriptions of what's up.

And amusingly, something that's different from three years ago: It's now possible for the user to delete the group completely. That used to be impossible short of petitioning the Crapatalk support team. I won't do that, though... I want the message and the url to remain for as long as possible.

One really odd thing... the "analytics" panel still insists there are 19 messages on the board; but I can't figure out where the hell they might be.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: And the old forums are now gone.
And in pursuing those 19 messages, I came across the "most recent activity" panel. There's still anywhere from three to ten visitors a day, amazingly. Even more amazing was the user who came in from the UK yesterday and read 27 pages in or linked from the forums, mostly in Fenspace. Why he didn't come here with the URL bannered across the top of every page, who knows?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....