Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] Planning thread - "Valentine's Day in Another World"
[OOC] Planning thread - "Valentine's Day in Another World"
I know I'm going to write something set on February 14, 2017, and I figured "why not open it up to everybody else?" So... planning for "Valentine's Day in Another World"

Unlike Halloween in Another World, I'm not thinking of this as being a massive crossover. Valentine's Day is a day for couples, after all.

But we now have a displacee-run jewellery store, and there were a few characters who arrived already as couples but not yet married to each other. They're in a strange world where they can read stories about themselves - maybe it's time to either throw a monkey-wrench into those stories or hurry those stories along. And the relationships that are strong enough to be written about are strong enough to make official, right? (Usually yes, but in a few cases maybe not.)

And even if there isn't an official relationship present in canon, people have been forming new relationships in the Metacontinuity - maybe some of those relationships could become romantic. Assuming, of course, that both people in the relationship want to take it in that direction. (We might not have Nadesico in the Metacontinuity - yet - but the Hikaru/Seiya relationship there shows what can happen when only one person wants to take their relationship to a new level.)

So: Open call for scenes of people progressing their relationships to new levels, ending their relationships, or wishing they were in relationships, with OSA-P being a place to purchase jewellery that might be required. I could do this as a short-short showing only the characters at Blossom, but it would be a waste to leave out other couples who might be in the same situation.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [OOC] Planning thread - "Valentine's Day in Another World"
What I have so far is the most basic of a bare-bones outline, where other people's scenes can be added wherever appropriate.

February 13-14: OSA-P is busy: Mayumi, Naru, Mimi, and even Gurio are busy filling pre-orders for rings and helping people who've left it to the last minute find something appropriate - including Mamoru (who Naru insists on helping personally) and Shiage. Kuroko and Mii stake out the store for added security. Kuroko's happy that Touma doesn't show up, Mii's sad that Rob doesn't.

Mako-chan pines for her sempai (completely unaware of the previously-never-mentioned classmates who'd be happy to date her).

The Misaka clones learn - maybe from Rob, maybe from Accelerator, probably from Minako - what was meant by the phrase in the canon scene when Misaka 19090 reported reading "if a boy gives a girl a ring, that means she's a winner", leading into a "What Is This Thing You Call Love?" scene.

Romantic dinners out for two couples from Blossom... except that the restaurants were fully-booked over a month in advance, so Makoto and Ruiko offer to cater a couple of quiet, romantic dinners in the building's common room. Questions are asked; both cases follow their canon and the girls involved say "yes".

Once OSA-P finally closes, Gurio asks Naru out. He planned ahead and has a dinner reservation. (No popping the question here, just bringing their relationship closer together.)

February 15: OSA-P is less-busy than the day before, but some people are sadly returning rings...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-16-2021, 03:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: February 15: OSA-P is less-busy than the day before, but some people are sadly returning rings...

That reminds me of a news article I read some time ago about how a Salvation Army Bell Ringer found that someone had left a $1000+ diamond engagement ring in their kettle, along with a note that read something like, "This didn't bring me the happiness I was hoping for.  Maybe it will work better for someone else."

Otherwise, this could be a great prelude for certain events at Westwoods.  I'll see if I can get a few scenes written up.
I suspect I'm not going to be able to publish "Valentine's Day in Another World" on Valentine's Day... Ah, well. Smile

Oh, and another scene: Kuroko tries yet again to get into Mikoto's bed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
And another scene, this one for the day after. I was thinking this was just a note to write a proper scene from, but might work as a short scene almost as-is.

At breakfast, Mikoto glares at Touma then gives him the cold shoulder.

"What's with her? I didn't do anything."

"Exactly," replies Kuroko with a smile, leaving Touma none the wiser.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Sudden realization - I'm gonna have to write up the scene where Hayate presents Ben with Reinforce Taiga.

Another Realization: This will mean that Valentines Day will be Reinforce Taiga's Boot-up Day.  Which means that while Ben will certainly do nice things for others, Valentines Day will be Taiga's day - hers and hers alone.  (She would have had previous boot-ups, sure, but those were all in testing mode - only performed to ensure everything was working properly.  She'll only have vague recollections of that time.  In all reality, Benjamin is going to be the very first person she ever sees - and Hayate wants it that way.)

I could also see Hayate making something of an event out of it, inviting people to come and watch.  Tomoyo in particular since she's so good with a camera, and Hayate will want the moment to be immortalized.
(03-14-2021, 07:50 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Sudden realization - I'm gonna have to write up the scene where Hayate presents Ben with Reinforce Taiga.

Added to the list on the wiki.

A status report, for folks who don't have wiki access:

February 13: Two scenes at OSA-P, one scene at Piffle - all three scenes are "get something to give to beloved".

February 14: Eight scenes at Ottawa, one scene each at Nova Scotia, Montreal, San Antonio, Windsor, and Philadelphia.

February 15: Two scenes at Ottawa.

Of all of these 18 scenes, only three have been written beyond "placeholder" status.

Yes, I know that three residences are conspicuous by their absence from this list. Of course Aoi will give Karou chocolate (unless they've progressed beyond that stage), but what about the other people at Aria House? In Dublin, will the 33-Stars even notice the date? And as for Douglass Gardens... hmmmmm... (Mokona, holding a box out to Clef: "A-pa-pa!" Smile Or maybe not.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Heh.

Well, we've got some pairings among the Rayearth crew that should generate chocolate transfers. Kyusaku and Akiko Natsume will have an exchange of some sort that will either be terribly romantic or result in gunfire. Madoka, Hikaru and Kyosuke from KOR are kind of a given for a couple exchanges, and if anyone from the other houses has talked to them about polyamory might actually be trying to do it peacefully as a group.

And I suspect Yui and Nuku-Nuku will team up to give chocolate to everyone, including random passers-by on Hamilton Street.

EDIT: And I'm suddenly seeing Yui calling Nuku-Nuku "Atsu-nyan" and giggling madly, especially if Azusa is anywhere nearby.

"Azu-nyan, Atsu-nyan. Atsu-nyan, Azu-nyan." <storm of giggles>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
The Stars are probably getting fanmail - not all of it of the wholesome variety. There's also the snippet I posted in the other thread if someone's feeling 'brave'.

That, and Data finally reacting to all the subtle and not-so subtle flirting and admitting it's not his ethical program - but because he would rather not disrupt one particular memory where he may have actually felt something for real....

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
* robkelk blows dust off thread
(03-14-2021, 02:25 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Kyusaku and Akiko Natsume will have an exchange of some sort that will either be terribly romantic or result in gunfire.

Why not both? It would be in character for them.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown