Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Election - Thread #5
RE: 2020 Election - Thread #5
That sounds like it was a "Take this, you sellout stooge!" moment on the numbskulls' part, with a highly predictable (and possibly very satisfying depending on how the family holiday arguments went) "no U," as noted.
--
‎noli esse culus
I'm much less concerned with the general idiocy and far more alarmed by these soon-to-be-incels...  (From the same article Bob linked)

Quote:Several family members or those close to the people who participated in the riot have turned them over to the authorities. Guy Wesley Reffitt was arrested in Texas after his wife told the FBI of his presence at the Capitol breach.

According to an affidavit from the FBI, Reffitt had told his wife and children, “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors...traitors get shot."

Yeah.  Telling your spouse and children that you're gonna shoot them if they turn you in.  Real classy.

I swear to God we need a penal colony that we can just dump these ass holes onto wholesale and call it something fucked up like Ameristan, because these fuckheads are honestly no better than the Islamic militants they claim to be against.
The People's Federal Republic of Trumpistan. That's the nation they pledge to.
--
‎noli esse culus
Death threats sound like good reasons to get divorced, restraining orders and lengthy prison sentences. Aside from the whole 'I participated in sedition and an attempted coup' thing.
Update on this post from the immediately-previous thread

Over long US weekend, GitHub HR boss quit after firing Jewish staffer who warned Nazis were at the Capitol

And the fired staffer can have his job back if he wants it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
After the stabbing of Julius Caesar, it was time for healing in Rome.  (Satire by Alexandra Petri, whom I've described before as a national treasure.)

Quote:I am frankly appalled when I think of all the things that have been said on both sides, like, “Death to Caesar!” and “Ouch!” Everyone bears a share of the blame, although mostly Caesar.

...how are the people of Rome served by this fixation on consequences? If we’re going to be applying consequences, I think the real villains here are the people who have used their bodies to steal other people’s daggers! Not naming names, obviously.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(01-20-2021, 04:11 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Yeah.  Telling your spouse and children that you're gonna shoot them if they turn you in.  Real classy.

I swear to God we need a penal colony that we can just dump these ass holes onto wholesale and call it something fucked up like Ameristan, because these fuckheads are honestly no better than the Islamic militants they claim to be against.

Heinlein.  Coventry.  If you refused to live by society's rules, you were cast out and sent to a place where there were no rules.  I'd nominate Australia; but its already had its turn in the barrel, which is a shame as that subcontinent seems perfect for the job.  Oh, and lets not forget how many of the 'locals' are poisonous anyway?

However, I don't think the guy was saying HE would be shooting them.  He was claiming that the government would be executing them; or aluding to something similar to Waco and a couple of other incidents.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Full list of Trump's last-minute pardons and commutations. Lots of white-collar crime, a couple rappers, some atypically sympathetic cases (like a pardon for a guy convicted in 1965 of running a still, for which he served 9 months + 5 years probation with no further brushes with the law since; commuting a few "third strike" life sentences for nonviolent drug convictions), a former Republican Congressman who lied under oath, and some genuine miscarriages of justice.

Notably, no insurrectionists got pardons, nor did any of Trump's family, nor himself. He did pardon Steve Bannon, though.

EDIT: And the why of that is... Trump talked out of pardoning kids and Republican lawmakers
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Trump departs Washington a pariah as his era in power ends

Meanwhile, Trump has left, but some of his supporters still think he's about to declare martial law -- and they're excited
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
As I type this, Ms. Harris has just given her oath of office.

So, history has been made: the first female elected VP, the first black elected VP, the first person with south-Asian ancestry elected VP, and if I recall correctly the first VP to have received a university education outside of the USA.

The last one's the important one, of course - she has a worldview that wasn't formed inside the USA "echo chamber".

EDIT: And now Mr. Biden is giving his oath. Old white American-educated male - nothing groundbreaking there.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-20-2021, 10:45 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Meanwhile, Trump has left, but some of his supporters still think he's about to declare martial law -- and they're excited

Nah - he appears to have another plan.

Trump has talked to associates about forming new political party

EDIT: Greta Thunberg gives back exactly as good as she got
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:Trump has talked to associates about forming new political party

I wish him the best of luck. With the Republican and right-wing nutjob vote split, the United States might finally catch up to the rest of the developed world.
-- Bob

An opinion piece from the Washington Post: Trump ends it all with one final scam — and it bodes badly for Trumpism’s future

Also, to the surprise of many, Trump actually followed a presidential tradition instead of spitting on it, and left a letter for Biden. The linked article has images of and quotes from prior letters; the contents of Trump's letter are as-yet unknown.
-- Bob

(01-20-2021, 01:09 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Also, to the surprise of many, Trump actually followed a presidential tradition instead of spitting on it, and left a letter for Biden.  The linked article has images of and quotes from prior letters; the contents of Trump's letter are as-yet unknown.

I hope the Secret Service checked the letter for signs it was contaminated with anything Russian-made such as Novichok or a bio agent.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(01-20-2021, 01:09 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: An opinion piece from the Washington Post: Trump ends it all with one final scam — and it bodes badly for Trumpism’s future

Quote:As Trump prepared to depart from Joint Base Andrews on Wednesday morning, he hailed his presidency as “amazing, by any standard.”
Hey, I know I'm amazed at what he did...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-19-2021, 09:21 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Meanwhile, the FBI are pursuing a woman who appears to have stolen a computer from Pelosi's office during the attack, with the intent of selling it to the Russians.  Go, you valiant patriot.

They've caught her.

And she's getting charged with felony theft on top of all the other charges from attacking the Capitol.
-- Bob

(01-20-2021, 02:15 PM)DHBirr Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:09 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Also, to the surprise of many, Trump actually followed a presidential tradition instead of spitting on it, and left a letter for Biden.  The linked article has images of and quotes from prior letters; the contents of Trump's letter are as-yet unknown.

I hope the Secret Service checked the letter for signs it was contaminated with anything Russian-made such as Novichok or a bio agent.

At least they could tell us what color crayon it was written in.
-- Bob

Elsewhere, QAnon believers grapple with doubt, spin new theories as Trump era ends: ‘We all got played'
-- Bob

... the "Asterisk of Shame", a Chrome extension which "adds a red asterisk following the names of the 147 Senators and Representatives who voted to overturn the 2020 election results.
(01-20-2021, 02:33 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 02:15 PM)DHBirr Wrote:

At least they could tell us what color crayon it was written in.

Take a picture, show the picture to the prez while the desk is getting cleaned to an inch of its existence.

(01-20-2021, 02:38 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Elsewhere, QAnon believers grapple with doubt, spin new theories as Trump era ends: ‘We all got played'

Took them long enough to come to that conclusion.

Admittedly, everybody who wasn't up Trump's arse knew that for years.
Biden's described the letter as "generous", according to The Hill, although he won't reveal what's in it until he speaks with Trump.

Meanwhile, Twitch has joined the ranks of social media firms that have permanently banned Trump.
-- Bob

MyPillow CEO Throws On-Air Tantrum After Retailers Drop His Products Over His Support Of Capitol Riot
-- Bob

Sidney Powell withdraws 'kraken' lawsuit in Georgia

I loved the sentence where they described the claims behind the suit as "evidence-challenged".
-- Bob

(01-20-2021, 06:21 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Biden's described the letter as "generous", according to The Hill, although he won't reveal what's in it until he speaks with Trump.

Meanwhile, Twitch has joined the ranks of social media firms that have permanently banned Trump.

well, he may have meant 'Calling it a letter is generous'. Big Grin Tongue

(01-20-2021, 06:09 PM)hazard Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 02:38 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Elsewhere, QAnon believers grapple with doubt, spin new theories as Trump era ends: ‘We all got played'

looking at the article, only some of them are waking up.  Most are digging deeper into delusion/conspiracy theory.
(01-21-2021, 01:34 AM)Norgarth Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 06:09 PM)hazard Wrote:

looking at the article, only some of them are waking up.  Most are digging deeper into delusion/conspiracy theory.

Well, what can you say? A fair number of these people should be seeking professional help, and not the kind that comes from the other side of a counter in a gun shop. Fucking lunatics.