Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
RE: Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
(08-26-2022, 11:08 AM)Norgarth Wrote: Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Biden's CHIPs executive order...

In this context, CHIPs is "Creating Helpful Incentives to Produce Semiconductors for America", not "California Highway Patrol". Sorry, Larry Wilcox and Erik Estrada fans.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Can you please give me a reason why I should watch any of these? I mean, if I wanted to know when yer man released a new video I'd have subscribed to him by now --- so there must be something interesting to them and reason why these have been filtered out beyond them being the next Beau video about the next fucking controversy.

What is it?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Looking quickly, it appears that Norgarth is just dumping all of the Beau of the Fifth Column videos into the forum.

It's because Norgarth dumps anything and everything into the forum that I turned off loading videos in the forum, BTW. I discovered that my recommendations feed on YouTube was filled with stuff he was posting here, instead of stuff that I was actually interested in.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
sorry, I didn't realize I was getting that annoying.
A Texas political ad released by Mothers Against Greg Abbott (or MAGA for short)
I'm not sure if this is alarmist (beyond the clickbait cover image) or legit, but EVERY economic commentator I've seen has been predicting some degree of downturn, recession, or depression kicking off in the next four to six months, and there is a lot of drought going around (or in other places, flooding) which definitely has impacted a lot of crops already. (Plus all the Russians and Ukrainians busy watering the fields with blood rather than tending them, or unable to do either.)

link

At worst stocking up on some long shelf life supplies will mean a bit less shelf space. I'd advise against going too hard on frozen goods, though, as there's also a looming power crisis between hydro dam water levels shrinking rapidly and oil/gas prices going sharply up, also due to the war.

And toilet paper. Because of course that's going to be on everybody's list as well.
--
‎noli esse culus
Assessed value of a black doctor couple’s home rose nearly $300,000 after being shown by white colleague (ABC NightLine)

link
--
‎noli esse culus
This is who students attacked us on 9/11? - Young American Federation
Simpsons inspire brand new QAnon conspiracy theory... - TYT

a summary of said Conspiracy Theory: A German lawmaker had a brainfart and instead of talking about how 'everyone would remember where they were on Feb 24th' (when Russia invaded Ukraine), accidentally said September 24th.  QAnon jumped on this comment, trying to figure out what it meant, eventually decided it meant that some plan was going to trigger on Sept 24th, but what?  To answer the 'what?' they opted to turn to the 9th episode of the 24th season of the Simpsons, which featured a doomsday prepper term and an EMP device.  So they came to the conclusion that on Sept 24th an electromagnetic pulse of some sort will 'usher in 10 days of darkness', oh, and return Trump to the Presidency (because that's standard QAnon boilerplate)

The Lincoln Project - Kevin's Plan
Taking it in the opposite direction, Neil deGrasse Tyson takes on politics in his new book

--
‎noli esse culus
Video stolen from Igor Girkin on twitter, with appropriate soundtrack

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

The Lincoln Project - This Werewolf Votes

How did this guy end up the leading Republican candidate in Georgia?  Huh There were other options right? 

He's got a room temperature IQ, and I'm talking Celsius room temperature...
(12-04-2022, 01:45 PM)Norgarth Wrote: How did this guy end up the leading Republican candidate in Georgia?  Huh There were other options right? 

Maybe, but only one, as far as I know, endorsed by the 45th President of these Untitled Snakes. That seems to have been all he needed.
Randy Rainbow - Speaker of the House

Randy Rainbow - Life is a F***ing Fantasy for Santos
Randy Rainbow - Grumpty Trumpy Felon from Jamaica in Queens!

Randy Rainbow for President (2023-24 tour announcement)

The Lincoln Project - The Best People
How long would Trump actually go to prison if convicted?

link

There's a nice little clip from one of his speeches in 2016 at about eleven minutes if you want a schadenfreude chuckle without watching the whole thing.

--
‎noli esse culus
If only we'd listened back then...

link
--
‎noli esse culus
Why we secretly want the world to end.

Why are humans obsessed with the end of the world, the cycle of civilizations, how media manipulates disasters to present a vision of humans as out of control animals to ensure that the current power structures remain in place.

And how, by keeping hope alive, we can change the cycle.

“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Beau of the Fifth Column - "Let's talk about Russia and who they don't want to face..."
Taylor Swift makes an Instagram post encouraging people to register to vote, resulting in a 23% increase for National Voter Registration Day
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's Talk about Taylor Swift's fans showing up...
Joe Biden comes out as Republican

This post accompanied by a recognised codeword

Putting this here rather than the Trailers thread in General

Second American Civil War movie written & directed by Alex Garland (28 days, Dredd, Annihilation, Ex Machina)
Video