Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted ... Good Lord, Ted "Tone Deaf" Cruz....
Ted ... Good Lord, Ted "Tone Deaf" Cruz....
Australia, move over for Texas when it comes to politicos skying out in a crisis.  The first sentence of the article says it all, the details are just gravy:

Quote:As Texas was battered by an icy storm and widespread power losses that left millions of residents freezing and fearing for their safety, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas left the state on Wednesday and traveled to Mexico for a previously planned family vacation, according to a person with direct knowledge of the trip.
Mr. Cruz himself had posted updates throughout Wednesday on Twitter about the intensity of the winter storm from the National Weather Service. “Stay safe and please continue to follow the warnings and updates provided by state and local officials,” he wrote on Wednesday morning.
Mr. Cruz’s decision to leave his state in the middle of a crisis was an especially confounding one for a politician who has already run for president once, in 2016, and widely seen as wanting to run again in 2024 or beyond.
-----

A bas les aristos! Vive la République!
RE: Ted ... Good Lord, Ted "Tone Deaf" Cruz....
He doesn't hold a shovel, but at least he won't make it worse.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Alexandra Petri once again satirizes the news, this time "channeling" the clueless Cuban-Canadian.  She "quotes" Senator Cruz as thinking (yes, thinking, implausible though that seems for him):

Quote:Seeing Texas in crisis, my reasoning was that the last thing anyone would want would be for me to show up. I assumed that the only thing that could make everyone’s experience worse would be the addition of Ted Cruz. “My power is out… I am breaking up my furniture to burn it… and Ted Cruz is here!” That third thing would be the thing that broke you, I think.

Never in my life has someone said, “What a relief! Ted Cruz is here! Now things are looking up!” My presence has the effect of extinguishing the last small bit of hope that people were unaware they still had. Considering this, I concluded that if you were already struggling, my arrival (which in the best of times drains all the joy and color from the world) would not help things along.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(02-18-2021, 05:12 PM)DHBirr Wrote: Alexandra Petri once again satirizes the news, this time "channeling" the clueless Cuban-Canadian.  She "quotes" Senator Cruz as thinking (yes, thinking, implausible though that seems for him):

Quote:Seeing Texas in crisis, my reasoning was that the last thing anyone would want would be for me to show up. I assumed that the only thing that could make everyone’s experience worse would be the addition of Ted Cruz*. “My power is out… I am breaking up my furniture to burn it… and Ted Cruz is here!” That third thing would be the thing that broke you, I think.

Never in my life has someone said, “What a relief! Ted Cruz is here! Now things are looking up!” My presence has the effect of extinguishing the last small bit of hope that people were unaware they still had. Considering this, I concluded that if you were already struggling, my arrival (which in the best of times drains all the joy and color from the world) would not help things along.

Rafael Edward Penisnose may or may not be capable of "thought" as intelligent aware people understand it, but if he had the level of self-awareness it would take for him to have the specific thoughts depicted by Petridishes, he would not necessarily be alive at this point.
An old quote about Senator Cruz

Senator Lindsay Graham Wrote:If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Washington Post has a wonderful post-mortem on the social media fallout surrounding the debacle.  It's interesting reading~.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...story.html

I sincerely hope he's not getting reelected the next time he's up.
(02-19-2021, 08:52 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I sincerely hope he's not getting reelected the next time he's up.

You'd have to talk to somebody in Texas about that. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Texas been trending purple for a while but since the Roberts Court declared a day of Jubilee by gutting the Voting Rights Act of 1965 it has been made harder to get there.

There are no Republican States, just heavily gerrymandered ones.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg