Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Seventh Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh... Not sure what's happening, but that's such a fun trope to invoke.
I was just reading some webcomics and watching some anime, and thought: we really need some intermural athletic competition going on here.  I'm not sure which sport, though.  Baseball is a classic because everyone can play (Ryoko is banned from the outfield, though).  Me and my SI are both fans of beach volleyball -- well, women's beach volleyball.  Tankery is always popular with the ladies.  Ultimate frisbee and ice skating may benefit one residence a bit too much.  Team rowing would benefit another residence too much.  No, Sagara, we are not playing you guys at paintball.  (Though the cosplay barrier might work on him...)

Oh, and speaking of Comic Party, the way Mizuki transforms into "Card Master Peach" seems like the kind of magic that would be useful for Sakura Kinomoto, because she too needs to change into clothes that somebody else made as a costume.  Will be a pretty weird conversation though.  "If you're a real card master, how do you not know how to do this?"  "Hoeeee?"
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(03-25-2022, 12:12 AM)Labster Wrote: I was just reading some webcomics and watching some anime, and thought: we really need some intermural athletic competition going on here.  I'm not sure which sport, though.  Baseball is a classic because everyone can play (Ryoko is banned from the outfield, though).  Me and my SI are both fans of beach volleyball -- well, women's beach volleyball.  Tankery is always popular with the ladies.  Ultimate frisbee and ice skating may benefit one residence a bit too much.  Team rowing would benefit another residence too much.  No, Sagara, we are not playing you guys at paintball.  (Though the cosplay barrier might work on him...)

Did somebody say "beach volleyball"? Bring it.

.jpg   Minako Aino, by Nightstark.jpg (Size: 46.04 KB / Downloads: 70)

(Larger version here)

Definitely something for the Obligatory Beach Episode.

Baseball? Westwood has Kaname Chidori and Megumi Morisato, so they've got the heavy hitters (no pun intended) for softball... until such time as somebody inkvades the diamond.

Fencing, anyone? Gomez Addams, Sharoan Li, Umi Ryuuzaki, Mamoru Chiba, Artoria Pendragon, Tenchi Masaki... it's the game with pointy things that everybody can play!

(Tankery might be fun, until Pravda authorizes using tournament ammo while training in neighboring schools' practice fields. Then everybody else gets upset.)

EDIT: Meanwhile, Teletha and Ami will sit over here, playing grandmaster-level chess.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:Fencing, anyone? Gomez Addams, Sharoan Li, Umi Ryuuzaki, Mamoru Chiba, Artoria Pendragon, Tenchi Masaki... it's the game with pointy things that everybody can play!

Utena Tenjou...

And let us not forget Ultimate Frisbee and Usagi Tsukino...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Remember that story I wrote a few years ago, where Sailor Jupiter took a trip and ended up fighting a Predator?

Remember that I never told how she got back to Ottawa?

I'm considering telling that story. In detail. Maybe calling it Kino's Journey, just for the confusion factor.

Of course,
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Just thought of someone else we might want to drop into Douglass Gardens, to extend the creative arts/passion theme -- Sana Kurata, her mother and her agent/babysitter.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
As mentioned during the group chat: the trigger for Miyuki taking a trip to Ottawa.

The idea was that as part of Shinobu Nunatoba building the testaments for Nanoha and Fate, she has to do brain scans of everyone who's known them for long periods of time.  Takamachi Miyuki would be one such person.

Idea is thus: the brain scan has the side effect of reactivating dormant memories.  What if, when Kiyouya and Miyuki were very young, Kiyouya did something incredibly mean to Miyuki?  And being reminded of this?  Miyuki is pissed at Kiyouya.

Keep in mind, it will be something she'll get over quickly enough, because this was just one of those things that happens with kids being kids.  Sometimes, they do some pretty messed up things to each other, but then they realize what they did and... yeah.

But for Miyuki, it would feel like it just happened a few minutes ago, so she's naturally angry.  Angry enough that she takes a trip to Ottawa to cool off, and she did promise Mako-chan to show her how to use that sword.

Another idea that I brought up in the chat:

The Tsukimura family are assassins.

Supporting evidence: The names, "Suzuka" and "Shinobu" are commonly used names for female ninja in fiction.  Also, the Tsukimura family are vampires, so that would fit the mold so very well.

If Shinobu were to accompany Miyuki on her trip, she could also show Makoto some "dirty little ninja tricks" because what does honor count for when you're dead and so are the people you were trying to protect?
As per the discussion during the Teams voice chat, I'll be locking and unstickying this thread.

New thread for Season 1 is here:
http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...?tid=14364

Thank you and goodnight.