Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress report
Progress report
Okay, the high points, quickly:

While it's not a surprise, the chapter is running longer than we were hoping. I think it's a foregone conclusion that it'll be split into two shortly.

However, Chris and I are each stalled on a scene. Yes, that's two different scenes that we're writing separately and at the same time. We can't really split the chapter and release the first part as chapter 5 until we break through our blocks and complete those scenes, because they're part of what would be the first part. Once we do, though, there's only one more scene in that segment.

Whether we split the current chapter 6 or not, this is the end of the story. Everything comes to a head and everything's resolved by the end of the current development file.

So... just be patient with us, okay? Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Wow.... only 6 chapters? I was half-way expecting another epic of Jordanian proportions like the BGC step [Image: smile.gif] ... not that I'm complaining in any way, shape
or form, mind you...
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Yeah, we're kinda surpised, too. There are lots of little bits in pieces in the notes for this story which we wanted to use, and in fact we set a couple up
in earlier chapters, but the plot sorta took over and steamrolled us right to the main act. So we never found a place for Aoshima attempting to bet Belldandy
on a race, and then getting surrounded by Paradox and Doug, or Aoshima and Keiichi competing on a driving video game after a comment by Paradox about it being
always racing that they challenge each other at...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I guess we'll just have to look for those on the Criterion Edition DVD [Image: smile.gif]
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

That would be the one with chapter 2.5, where Aoshima challenges the Motor Club to a race with Belldandy as the prize, Tamiya & Ootaki strongarm Keiichi into taking part, Aoshima sabotages Keiichi's vehicle, and Belldandy saves the day with her powers, right?

No, wait - that's what happened so many times in the early manga.

Chapter 2.5 would have Aoshima challenge the Motor Club to a race with Belldandy as the prize, Tamiya & Ootaki strongarming Keiichi into taking part, Aoshima sabotaging Keiichi's vehicle, and Doug saving the day with his powers (probably involving the song Highway Star).

That's a completely different story altogether.

8)

Y'know, maybe some subplots really don't need to be explored...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I think it'd be more like Tamiya and Ootaki TRYING the strongarm approach only to find Doug and Paradox critiquing their methods quite harshly. And by
"critique" I mean "deconstruct." And by "deconstruct" I mean OW. [Image: smile.gif]

--Sam

"I don't know the meaning of the word 'surrender!' ...Okay, I know what it means, I'm not stupid, just NOT IN THIS CONTEXT!"

I'm sure Doug and Paradox would try, but I suspect both Keiichi and Belldandy would stop them. At this stage of their lives, they still have more than a
bit of the "must work with the group, no matter what" mentality in their personalities...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:Chapter 2.5 would have Aoshima challenge the Motor Club to a race with Belldandy as the prize, Tamiya & Ootaki strongarming Keiichi into taking part,
Aoshima sabotaging Keiichi's vehicle, and Doug saving the day with his powers (probably involving the song Highway Star).

You know, when I read that I had a brief flash of Keiichi ON the Highway Star (wearing a set of Divine Broom-Racing leathers, as it's not as though Belldandy can't get any), but then I remembered Priss needed to wear her Hardsuit to control the thing (which lead to a brief image of Miss Keiichi in Priss' Hardsuit, whereupon I squelched a sudden crossover fic idea).