Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
"Why is it that, every time I go to the 7-11 at 2 AM, somebody tries to rob the place? You'd think they'd know better by now. It's getting boring."

.jpg   23390702_p0_master1200.jpg (Size: 191.56 KB / Downloads: 137)

Source
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(12-24-2021, 05:42 AM)Labster Wrote: @Rob: Add a Ruby Rose for reference.  That's what RT does for all of their stills, so we can compare. Smile

Any preference from this set?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Good morning, Mister Rhodes. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to rescue enough people from different points in their timeline to make this scene possible.

[Image: __fate_testarossa_takamachi_nanoha_vivio...8b9e5e.jpg]

(Image reduced to 1/8 size. Original available here)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Hrm...

Well, to complete that picture, we need Precia, Linith, Caro La Rush, and Vivio.

Vivio we'll get (in a state of suspended animation) in the aftermath of the Jail Scaglietti Incident.  Along with "teenage witch" Precia, which will, in turn, give us Linith.  Though rather than a nanny, she'll be Precia's lab assistant.

Caro should show up more or less the same way she did in the MSLN continuity...  Though Benjamin will be of half-a-mind to go over to her tribe and bitch them all out for throwing out someone as beautiful and precious as her...  But that's okay, since from there on she'll be his and Fate's adopted daughter.  (Same with Eriol, though since he's an artificial mage like Fate, there won't be anyone in particular for Benjamin to bitch out who isn't already on trial for crimes against humanity.)

This will have the odd effect of making Vivio, Caro, and Eriol all be "contemporaries".  Eriol may or may not wind up having a full plate on his hands like some of the other boys.  Wink

I like the idea behind the "Spark Girl Precia" card.  Though given what we know of her from the supplemental materials that are considered canon, Precia would be more of a "Magitech Engineer" than a typical combatant.  If she gets anywhere near the field, she'd be strictly a support type as a combat engineer or a sapper.  Otherwise, her typical place would be in the laboratory, working on her specialty of magitech power systems.  She will likely work quite a bit with Jail Scaglietti once he's been reformed.  (And my-oh-my, wouldn't that be an interesting pairing.)

That said, Precia would wind up being to them what the scientists and engineers were to the US military for their portable nuclear energy projects.  Which would actually be pretty damn cool, all things considered.
(01-09-2022, 02:24 PM)robkelk Wrote: Kinomoto-kun, I understand you use cards to invoke your magic...

[Image: __takamachi_nanoha_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_...b25613.png][Image: __vita_and_graf_eisen_lyrical_nanoha_and...1e5bc2.png]

(Sources: here and here, respectively.)

Oh, sorry... you can't use Pactio cards, and you need Sakura Cards?

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_draw...e2d8fd.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_draw...85ec35.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_draw...9f6ae1.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_draw...ea78a1.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_and_kero_cardcaptor_sa...00e711.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cagliostro_and_tange_s...f85b06.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_draw...9a4730.jpg]

Half-size; larger. Also, the matching Tomoyo Card and the matching Yue card.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
More seriously...

"The Love"?

I know the picture continues outside of its frame. Love knows no boundaries.

[Image: __kinomoto_sakura_and_daidouji_tomoyo_ca...873924.png]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Enough seriousness; back to silliness... or is it?

[Image: __kaname_madoka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magi...0737d5.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kaname_madoka_and_ultimate_madoka_maho...6cea3b.jpg]

Source

[Image: __akemi_homura_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magic...913549.jpg]

Source

[Image: __sakura_kyouko_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magi...dc4ec7.jpg]

Source

[Image: __miki_sayaka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica...4d3aa7.jpg]

Source

[Image: __tomoe_mami_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_...525b13.jpg]

Source

[Image: __charlotte_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_a...fabf11.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kyubey_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_and_...c1e7f7.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Re-imaginings, the first of which we've had on the wiki for a while.

[Image: __mirror_cardcaptor_sakura_drawn_by_elen...af3dfc.png]

Source

[Image: __sand_cardcaptor_sakura_drawn_by_elena_...0a578d.png]

Source

[Image: __wood_cardcaptor_sakura_drawn_by_elena_...50ba88.png]

Source

[Image: __watery_and_firey_cardcaptor_sakura_dra...42a6d1.jpg]

Half-size; original here

[Image: __light_and_dark_cardcaptor_sakura_drawn...8d6e5c.jpg]

Half-size; original here
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Another "older character" image: Diana appears to have picked up Chibiusa and Makoto's interest in gardening. And she doesn't appear to care whether anyone knows she's a Mau instead of a human.

[Image: __diana_and_diana_bishoujo_senshi_sailor...59339a.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-14-2022, 01:18 PM)robkelk Wrote: Enough seriousness; back to silliness... or is it?

[Image: __kaname_madoka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magi...0737d5.jpg]

Source

The what?  How is it het, that show is pretty lez, right?  That 因果 means "karma" or "cause and effect".  But from wiktionary, in the Pali language -- which I guess was used to write Buddhist texts -- "hetu" means cause and "phala" means fruit/result.  I guess someone watched a show based on Faust with a Christian church in it and thought: You know what this reminds me of?  Buddhism!

(01-14-2022, 01:18 PM)robkelk Wrote: [Image: __charlotte_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_a...fabf11.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kyubey_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_and_...c1e7f7.jpg]

Source

I'm actually trying to figure out analogues to The Nothing to pair with my new cards, Faith and Love.  These are options, or at least starting points.

Black Aeronaut Wrote:This will have the odd effect of making Vivio, Caro, and Eriol all be "contemporaries".  Eriol may or may not wind up having a full plate on his hands like some of the other boys.  [Image: wink.png]
I think you mean Erio.  Eriol (Hiiragizawa) is Rob's contemporary.  Unless you mean the other Eriol (Ælfwine), who is oddly enough Arturia's contemporary.

Anyway I'm not so hot about bringing in pactio cards, or honestly anything by Ken Akamatsu (though I do wish him luck in his run for a seat in the Diet).  Beyond some of our characters wanting to "pactio" with someone as an excuse to kiss (you know who you are), I can't see the plots we could write.  Unless we want to write a massively-multiplayer harem story.  You know.

I haven't really been around much so I don't have much of a right to say it but: Before we bring new sources in on a "wouldn't it be cool if" thought, stop and ask yourself if it solves some issue in the story already. Or if you have some story to go with the new source.  If it's just a way of making the setting more crossovery without more than a meet-and-greet with more characters, this is hard on both readers and other writers in dealing with the extra complexity.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(12-27-2021, 03:16 PM)in [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths, robkelk Wrote: Here's the list of what's been listed so far on the wiki. Works on boldface have either some content already written for them or a stated desire by an active writer to do something with them. Note how little boldface there is in the list.
  • Counter-Earth #1: High Fantasy. Slayers, Record of Lodoss War / Rune Soldier Louie, Equestria, Orario and environs
  • Counter-Earth #2: Post-Apocalypse. Mad Max, Olympus (anime Appleseed), Mega City 1 (Judge Dread), Fist of the Northstar
  • Counter-Earth #3: Cyberpunk. Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel Alita / Gunnm (probably CE #3, maybe CE #2 -- Whichever has more room for it.)
  • Counter-Earth #4: Shiny-Happy. Starfleet Command (in San Francisco), South Ataria Island, Mu/RahXephon, Atlantis (in the middle of the "Bermuda Triangle": Disney's Atlantis, Stargate Atlantis, Aquaman's Atlantis).
  • Counter-Earth #5: Metahumans. Marvel, DC, Worm, The Incredibles, Normalman, Darkwing Duck, the Zoo Crew, etc.

If we're still going with "Metahumans" for #5, we'll need somebody to infiltrate and scout the world... any volunteers?

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_toaru_majutsu_no_index_a...a39ace.jpg]

Perfect! Thank you for offering to take the lead on this one. Just one thing: does the "M" stand for "Misaka"? Oh, okay, I guess "Megawatt" is a decent code-name for somebody with your powers.

(Source)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Wait, you've got Macross on your "Shiny-Happy" list? The setting where Earth-humans missed genocide by orbital bombardment to the tune of around 30,000 survivors, all but a statistically insignificant fraction in a single ship? Along with the galaxy as a whole by a few seconds and a song like forty years later? Not to mention the Inspection Army/Supervision Army war that's been grinding on for something like five hundred million years, long after anyone but the gengineered soldier-caste fighting it were all dead or (in the case of the Protodeviln) sealed in a can...
--
‎noli esse culus
Well, Earth after the Rain of Death winds up becoming pretty nice.  So while it's post apocalyptic, it has much more in common with Star Trek in that sense.

The Supervision Army and Inspection Army will be an issue to contend with, but one no worse than some of the other crap that's gonna be running loose out there.  This could be that Big Thing that bring the Abh to the negotiating table between the UFoP, The Moon Empire, The Empire of Jurai, and the Galaxy Alliance (just to name a few).  While the Abh had their goal of humanity under a single banner (theirs) in order to have no more war, they will find the thread of massive Zentraedi fleets and Supervision Army Gunships to be a very compelling reason to form an alliance.
* robkelk double-checks that this is the image thread, not the Planning for Arc 2 thread

Here we have the Blossom Apartments common room, looking at the big table from the doorway to the balcony. (It's actually two long tables pushed together, with a vase sitting on both tables. That meant there were two chairs that wouldn't fit around the table any more, so Rob got a much smaller table and set up a cozy little two-person table for when almost nobody was in the common room... or when one person wanted to do her homework without bothering anybody else. That's almost visible on the left side of the image.

That setup worked until Halloween, when additional displacees started arriving. Rob ended up getting three round tables with four chairs each - two of those are visible in the image. (The third is to the right of the photographer.) Of course the tables and chairs don't match the style at the "high table"... but they're more informal.

The kitchen door is partway open. If one looks closely, one can see the Good Neighbour System terminal beside the door to the hallway.

The artwork is "Sunset, Canoe Lake" (1915), by Tom Thomson and "Tracks and Traffic" (1912), by J.E.H. MacDonald. Both are public domain and available on Wikimedia Commons.

Click on the image for a larger copy...

(removed)

EDIT: And I just noticed that the room isn't up to code. Pretend there's an exit sign on the door to the hallway, please.

RE-EDIT: Have a replacement render. Now, the third table is behind the photographer, and you can see one of its chairs.

RE-RE-EDIT: A higher-quality copy of the image is now available on the wiki, here.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I found (amongst other things) a few more plushies for Minako's room. So here's a render of her front room as it currently stands, as seen from the entryway to her bedroom.

As usual, click for larger, and there will be a better-quality copy on the wiki shortly, linked off the Blossom Apartments page.

EDIT: Oh, yes - she has her patio furniture just inside the balcony door for the winter time. That's what you can just barely see on the other side of her bedroom wall.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Looking for more images of our characters in different outfits, and found one that seems a bit dangerous to me. After all, electricity and water tends to be a bad mix... and her given name doesn't begin with "A".

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_toaru_majutsu_no_index_a...ec7e4a.jpg]

(Larger copy here)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
She is the sailor-suited warrior in training... No, wait - let's start that again.

She is the sailor-swimsuited warrior in training, Sailor Chibimoon!

[Image: __chibi_usa_bishoujo_senshi_sailor_moon_...df7dbd.jpg]

Source. Just a little something for the Obligatory Beach Episode.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Here we have the first version of Blossom's common room's kitchen, before Makoto gets her hands on it. (This is an "impossible" shot - the camera is on the wrong side of a wall to be able to take the shot without making the wall invisible.)

"Six burners, four ovens, and a big fridge. It's a start, Donaldson-san... but where are the bamboo steamers? Where are the woks? Where's the mixer?"

"There's a mixer on the bottom shelf of the prep table."

"Oh, there it is. It's a household mixer, just like the household blender. They'll do for now. If that's the prep table, why does it have a coffee-maker and a microwave oven sitting on it?"

"I couldn't figure out any place else to put them. We were lucky to be able to squeeze this much commercial gear into the kitchen, Mako-chan."

"We need some cupboards, or at least some shelves. I'm going to be needing a lot more equipment than just what's here. And can we get a bigger sink, please?"

"Where would we put it?"
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just a few people from the metacontinuity, uh, looking dramatic for some reason:

[Image: __hino_rei_sailor_mars_tenjou_utena_caga...dcf193.jpg]

(full version)
(02-21-2022, 11:23 PM)Labster Wrote: Just a few people from the metacontinuity, uh, looking dramatic for some reason:

Have a few more.

[Image: __tohsaka_rin_yagami_hayate_kino_makoto_...6a00fd.jpg]

Source

(Trying to figure out the common factor here, other than "attractive women who can kick your butt". Hayate has blue eyes, not green; Rin has black hair, not brown; Makoto was never voiced by Kana Ueda in any continuity.)

In case anybody still wonders why Makoto keeps kicking other people out of "her" kitchen...

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_mizuno_ami_aino_minako_h...4c6100.jpg]

Larger copy here
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Dropping this one here for the look on her face - the image is telling me to write a story about it.

Source

[Image: __aino_minako_bishoujo_senshi_sailor_moo...0ca70d.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Aino Minako no Yuutsu
And that told me which story to write. Thanks.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Link instead of an embed because the translation is an overlay.

Arc 2: Let's not give Washuu-chan any ideas, okay?

("Operation: More Love Love! Web Edition" is official GnP 4koma, but not necessarily canon.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
On second thought, let's give Washuu-chan some ideas. Smile

We've all heard the claim that Nanoha is Gundam as a magical girl show. Running with that concept, there's an entire subgenre of MS Girls (not to be confused with OS-tan), including this fanart of A Certain Scientific Railgundam.

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown