Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
New image resource...

So a few weeks ago I discovered the Russian imageboard Joyreactor.cc and have been speeding my way through it looking for interesting stuff (at least, that I can understand, given how much is in Cyrillic).  Anyway, I just discovered they have some 920 images for K-On! alone (as of today) on their anime subsite, dating back to March 2010 -- here's the first/oldest page.  And it's just a matter of searching on other show names -- in Latin characters, not Cyrillic -- to find stuff for them.  (The oldest Sailor Moon image on the anime subsite is actually a parody of Iron Man, with Tony Stark getting into the armor done as Moon's transformation sequence.)

So anyway, I figured folks might find it useful.

EDIT:  Oh, and I probably don't need to say this, but it is an imageboard.  Expect the occasional NSFW content.

EDIT2:  Browsing the K-On! images, and I know we have an album cover for Ritsu's EP already, but this struck me as something we can bank for future need:

(Resized down from a simply massive original.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by Bob Schroeck - 10-09-2021, 05:30 PM