Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
Oh man, I really love Artoria, even if I love nothing else about Fate/stay night.  Okay, I guess Rin is cool too.  But there's something about the character which is fascinating to me.  I like King Arthur stories, I suppose, but I guess she lets you get a fresh look at it.  Most versions of The Matter of Britain have medieval or romantic sensibilities, and here's a character where they even gave her a name that was a Roman gens.  It makes me wonder, how would a King of the Britons who probably spoke Latin really be like?  And what would it be like to be a Christian monarch in the fifth century, fighting back the pagans invading from Germania?

And here and now Artoria is so much a fish out of water, someone who dedicated her life to a divine purpose, now utterly lost in a foreign world... again.  Half of the world speaks the language of the pagan invaders.  Another fifteen hundred years, and Christ had not yet returned in glory.  But there's this girl, see, and she has a Holy Grail.  And the twelve sailor-suited saints who follow her have called her shin no meshiya.  Perhaps not that messiah, but anointed nonetheless.  And too, angelic beings, called gods but who bow to the Most High.  Am I really in this world because God made a mistake, she wonders silently, before telling herself that it had to be a plot of the Devil.  But doubt has crept into her heart, and she hates it.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by Labster - 11-29-2021, 03:36 AM