Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
(12-24-2021, 05:42 AM)Labster Wrote: ...
There are 8 apartments per floor, 3 floors.  The ground floor is parking, because it's California, and made of concrete.  Below that are piles driven into the sandy soil to support the building.  The plumbing set up so that the apartments are nearly mirror images of each other, so there are only four zones in the building you have to run pipes and ducts -- on the walls between the bathrooms and kitchens.

Right - that saves on plumbing quite a bit.

Likewise, half of the apartments at Blossom are mirror-images of the one I've been posting. (I know there used to be an easy way to flip a set along one axis in Daz Studio 3, but I'm using daz Studio 4 now and that trick might not work any more.) I have the tenants at Blossom sorted into a couple of lists now - the ones that need the mirror-image environment are listed under the wholly imaginative and original </self-sarcasm> title of "There's a bathroom on the right". We'll set them aside for the moment. There's also "There's a bathroom on the left", who I can address immediately - this list includes the common room, where the bathroom plumbing is replaced with a larger kitchen - and "There's a bathroom wherever the hell they want it because it's in a pocket dimension and Washuu-chan set it up to be self-contained, but there's no windows", who will get a different apartment layout if they want. Considering these apartments are occupied by ITEM, some of them will "want".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by robkelk - 12-31-2021, 03:22 PM