Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
Quoting Black Aeronaut from another closed thread:
Quote:Whenever I think of The Book of Darkness, I think of Diane Duane's Young Wizards Series. In particular, the race of living computers that Dairine Callahan inadvertently helped create.

Imagine a Jupiter-sized world composed of nothing but chemically pure silicon and a few trace elements, volcanoes that regularly deposit the molten silicon as a fine mist in layers, and microorganisms that chew circuit pathways through the silicon to get at the trace elements, and that this has been going on for billions of years.

This planet becomes known as 'The Motherboard' and the race it created with Dairine's help are known as 'The Mobiles'. And Dairine felt it was a very good idea (and it was, too!) that ALL THE MOBILES have access to Wizardry. Oh, and no matter how far and wide they wander, the mobiles are always connected to The Motherboard.

And then there was one of my favorite lines in the whole book: "There is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worse, re-written."

And you know what they debugged? Death itself!!!

Just imagine having that kind of magically enhanced processing power on hand during the Book of Darkness incident. Heh-heh-heh...

Hey, could they start by debugging a minor but annoying inability to physically grow any older? Thanks in advance.

Later:

[Image: __vita_signum_shamal_graf_eisen_levantin...13ff88.jpg]

(Source)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by robkelk - 01-06-2022, 06:25 PM