Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
(01-14-2022, 01:18 PM)robkelk Wrote: Enough seriousness; back to silliness... or is it?

[Image: __kaname_madoka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magi...0737d5.jpg]

Source

The what?  How is it het, that show is pretty lez, right?  That 因果 means "karma" or "cause and effect".  But from wiktionary, in the Pali language -- which I guess was used to write Buddhist texts -- "hetu" means cause and "phala" means fruit/result.  I guess someone watched a show based on Faust with a Christian church in it and thought: You know what this reminds me of?  Buddhism!

(01-14-2022, 01:18 PM)robkelk Wrote: [Image: __charlotte_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_a...fabf11.jpg]

Source

[Image: __kyubey_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_and_...c1e7f7.jpg]

Source

I'm actually trying to figure out analogues to The Nothing to pair with my new cards, Faith and Love.  These are options, or at least starting points.

Black Aeronaut Wrote:This will have the odd effect of making Vivio, Caro, and Eriol all be "contemporaries".  Eriol may or may not wind up having a full plate on his hands like some of the other boys.  [Image: wink.png]
I think you mean Erio.  Eriol (Hiiragizawa) is Rob's contemporary.  Unless you mean the other Eriol (Ælfwine), who is oddly enough Arturia's contemporary.

Anyway I'm not so hot about bringing in pactio cards, or honestly anything by Ken Akamatsu (though I do wish him luck in his run for a seat in the Diet).  Beyond some of our characters wanting to "pactio" with someone as an excuse to kiss (you know who you are), I can't see the plots we could write.  Unless we want to write a massively-multiplayer harem story.  You know.

I haven't really been around much so I don't have much of a right to say it but: Before we bring new sources in on a "wouldn't it be cool if" thought, stop and ask yourself if it solves some issue in the story already. Or if you have some story to go with the new source.  If it's just a way of making the setting more crossovery without more than a meet-and-greet with more characters, this is hard on both readers and other writers in dealing with the extra complexity.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by Labster - 01-16-2022, 06:04 AM