Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
(05-07-2022, 06:26 AM)robkelk Wrote: Considering how much music there is at Douglass Gardens, I was going to use this image for Mokona's wiki writeup... until I discovered that the re-use license involves a license fee. We don't have a budget for that.

Link instead of embed, because of that re-use fee

.... Does anyone got a Makona plushie so we can do our own image?
I don't know about a plushie, but as a blob with ears it couldn't be too hard to just draw one, could it? I might give it a try later if I remember. Or make a 3D model, which would serve the double purpose of something to help populate Makoto's quarters if I recall one of Rob's earlier requests correctly.
--
‎noli esse culus
Continuing the Blossom "nextgen" gallery that I started here... Image copied from Safebooru.

[Image: __original_drawn_by_minatsuki_alumi__c3d...a1047d.jpg]

Satoko Mizuno (水野 聡子, Mizuno Satoko; a.k.a. Duchess Mercury) is Ami's second child (after the holographic Akemi), Rob's second child (after the adopted Ruiko), and Ami and Rob's first child, born ten months after their wedding.

Satoko didn't quite win the Superpower Lottery, but she came pretty close: She has her mother's ability to create water and use it as a weapon; she also her father's ability to control water; and, like both of her parents, she has a WAIS-untestably-high IQ (for all the good that does in the real world). Needless to say, she's a quick study when it comes to matters hydrological.

She's also a quick study (but what else would one expect from a "clever child") when it comes to matters magical, as her portrait makes clear. In addition to the Senshi magic she inherited from Ami, Satoko practices a hybrid style, like most mages her age in the Metacontinuity; her particular style is primarily Midchildan with a strong Cephiran influence, good for tactical ranged combat. Satoko trained under Yuuno Scrya, Aria Lieze, and Umi Ryuuzaki, so her personal grimoire includes Shabon Spray Freezing, Dimensional Transfer, Physical Heal, Temporal Force Field, Stinger Snipe, Blaze Cannon, and Mizu no Ryuu, all of which she knows at A rank or higher... but she has a few "secret" spells up her sleeve, too.

Needless to say, she's following in her mother's footsteps as a Bishojo Senshi, and is considering making that her full-time career. She's one of the few people who equally enjoys training in both New Port City and Orario. Like her parents, she strongly prefers ranged combat, but Mii-mom ensured that she's also trained in unarmed martial arts.

Satoko's favourite colour is white, her favourite flower is the sakura, her favourite food is maple sugar candy, and her favourite marine animal is the orca.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(05-07-2022, 12:06 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I don't know about a plushie, but as a blob with ears it couldn't be too hard to just draw one, could it? I might give it a try later if I remember. Or make a 3D model, which would serve the double purpose of something to help populate Makoto's quarters if I recall one of Rob's earlier requests correctly.

Please do model a Mokona for Minako if you want to (that'll give me an excuse to use the "plush" shader I got recently), but I don't need him immediately now.

Pu!

.jpg   Paraiso_(CLAMP) smaller.jpg (Size: 99.13 KB / Downloads: 172)

Larger copy at e-shuushuu... and, now, on the wiki.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ah, I got distracted. I'll poke things a little after I sleep a bit, maybe. If you've got a shader in the can to give it the right surface texture so I won't have to mess around with a fur particle sysytem that makes it easier too.
--
‎noli esse culus
They're letting anybody into the Hanagumi nowadays... Smile

[Image: __shinguuji_sakura_bishoujo_senshi_sailo...71dba3.jpg]

Source

[Image: __himemiya_anthy_ri_kouran_and_fuchizaki...218564.jpg]

Source

[Image: __ayanami_rei_and_iris_chateaubriand_neo...4dc2a4.jpg]

Larger version

Not a Sakura Wars crossover, but considering that in the Metacontinuity folks from one of the stories are staying in the Grand Imperial Theater, "Kurumio" sort of fits in this post.

[Image: __akiyama_mio_and_kurumi_k_on_and_1_more...d40419.jpg]

Larger version
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Looks like we've got a couple of visual novels in the Metacontinuity now... and their official pages say they share a character designer. So I went looking on Safebooru. Couldn't find anything from those two VNs, but I did find a few works by the artist.

[Image: __akiyama_mio_k_on_drawn_by_satchely__af...8fe0d0.png]

(Source)

[Image: __blake_belladonna_rwby_drawn_by_satchel...e8e76d.png]

(Source)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Obligatory Beach Episode time: Azunyan... and Yuinyan.

They look to be actual ears, not something on headbands. Maybe we have a previously-unsuspected mage, possibly the classical mythological Circe, having a bit of fun?

[Image: __nakano_azusa_and_hirasawa_yui_k_on_dra...53c367.jpg]

Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Saw this on Spacebattles, and copied the link.
[Image: HD-wallpaper-neon-genesis-evangelion-plu...listic.jpg]

EDIT: here's the link without the IMG tags
https://w0.peakpx.com/wallpaper/69/931/H...listic.jpg
Nice. Honestly, I like that better than the image we currently have on her character page, which has always looked oddly-proportioned around the face to me.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Very nice. What's the download link?

EDIT: Sorry, not the direct image link, the link to the page that gives the re-use license (if any).
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Two more for Yui's wall'o'fanart: Azusa in yutaka and wedding dress.

"Which one would you want to get married in, Azu-nyan?"

"That isn't a wedding kimono, sempai."

"And she doesn't have a boyfriend, either!"

"Yeah, I don't have a ... Ritsu-sempai! That's mean!"

[Image: __nakano_azusa_k_on_drawn_by_ryunnu__b9d...0c9fcd.jpg]

[Image: __nakano_azusa_k_on_drawn_by_ryunnu__12e...0f9734.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
If we're going to retcon the Halloween party -- and we really need to -- this means we need halloween costumes for more people.

[Image: Napoleonic_utena_by_angelajordan.jpg]

Source Here's a possibility, from an old uniform Gomez just had lying around.

And an unrelated pic by the same artist: Source
[Image: Nanami_at_Le_Troquet_by_angelajordan.jpg]
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(06-03-2022, 07:49 PM)Labster Wrote: If we're going to retcon the Halloween party -- and we really need to -- this means we need halloween costumes for more people.

"For Halloween I Am Going as Myself" - if it's good enough for Kuroko, it's good enough for Team RWBY.

As for costumes... Submitted for consideration: three for Hokago Tea Time.

One goes Japanese:
[Image: __hirasawa_yui_and_nausicaa_k_on_and_1_m...7b3826.jpg]
Source

One goes American:
[Image: __akiyama_mio_and_spider_man_k_on_and_2_...ab1ec8.jpg]
Source

And one goes for a feel rather than a particular character:
[Image: __kotobuki_tsumugi_k_on_drawn_by_ryuuko_...7710cd.jpg]
Source
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Regarding the image of Asuka...

(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: Very nice. What's the download link?

EDIT: Sorry, not the direct image link, the link to the page that gives the re-use license (if any).

There's none on that site. It appears to be a simple wallpaper sharing site and no one there seems to have even thought of putting any kind of rights notice on any page there.

No, wait, correction: "License: Wallpaper use only". It's pretty clear that whoever's behind that site, they don't have anyone who has a clue about copyright or licensing.

Anyway, back to the image. Google Image Search is your friend. A few minutes' effort and I discovered that the pic was created by an artist named Anastasiya Luneva (AKA "Kilya"), who has a page on a website called "Artstation.com". Her pages -- especially the one where the larger version of the image can be found -- are all marked "© All rights reserved". There are no mentions of Creative Commons anywhere. However, there is also "contact" link with her email address in it if we want to negotiate with her for its use. There's also an on-site message function.

Interestingly, she was inspired by a cosplayer whose instagram post she links to.

EDIT: Whose pics are also on the wallpaper site.

EDIT 2: I just noticed that Kilya is in Ukraine. She may be a bit hard to contact reliably... <sigh>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(06-03-2022, 09:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Regarding the image of Asuka...

(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: Very nice. What's the download link?

There's none on that site.  It appears to be a simple wallpaper sharing site and no one there seems to have even thought of putting any kind of rights notice on any page there.

No, wait, correction:  "License: Wallpaper use only".  It's pretty clear that whoever's behind that site, they don't have anyone who has a clue about copyright or licensing.

Anyway, back to the image.  Google Image Search is your friend.  A few minutes' effort and I discovered that the pic was created by an artist named Anastasiya Luneva (AKA "Kilya"), who has a page on a website called "Artstation.com".  Her pages -- especially the one where the larger version of the image can be found -- are all marked "© All rights reserved".  There are no mentions of Creative Commons anywhere.  However, there is also "contact" link with her email address in it if we want to negotiate with her for its use.  There's also an on-site message function.

Interestingly, she was inspired by a cosplayer whose instagram post she links to. 

EDIT: Whose pics are also on the wallpaper site.

EDIT 2:  I just noticed that Kilya is in Ukraine.  She may be a bit hard to contact reliably... <sigh>

Let's wait to contact her - I might possibly have something that might make possible a derivative use of the image, but I want to try it out first and re-read the Copyright Act (not necessarily in that order), and I won't have time to do either this weekend. No point in asking her twice.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Okay, this has to happen at some point in the story.

Since e-shuushuu doesn't like hotlinking, I've downloaded and attached the image instead. Click for (slightly) larger...

--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
In line with the "use realistic images when available" policy that seems to be developing, I've just put a different image on Sailor Saturn's wiki page.

[Image: __tomoe_hotaru_and_sailor_saturn_bishouj...60e02b.jpg]

Pixiv and Safebooru
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Girls and horses.

[Image: __chibi_usa_sailor_chibi_moon_super_sail...feb1b4.jpg]

Double-size copy at safebooru
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Winding up this thread a couple of posts early, to make the pre-retcon/post-retcon divide a bit clearer. New thread is new.

Note: Posts that contained plot elements that we have been asked to refrain from using have been moved, which makes this thread look as if it was closed very early.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown