Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread.
(06-03-2022, 09:05 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Regarding the image of Asuka...

(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: Very nice. What's the download link?

EDIT: Sorry, not the direct image link, the link to the page that gives the re-use license (if any).

There's none on that site.  It appears to be a simple wallpaper sharing site and no one there seems to have even thought of putting any kind of rights notice on any page there.

No, wait, correction:  "License: Wallpaper use only".  It's pretty clear that whoever's behind that site, they don't have anyone who has a clue about copyright or licensing.

Anyway, back to the image.  Google Image Search is your friend.  A few minutes' effort and I discovered that the pic was created by an artist named Anastasiya Luneva (AKA "Kilya"), who has a page on a website called "Artstation.com".  Her pages -- especially the one where the larger version of the image can be found -- are all marked "© All rights reserved".  There are no mentions of Creative Commons anywhere.  However, there is also "contact" link with her email address in it if we want to negotiate with her for its use.  There's also an on-site message function.

Interestingly, she was inspired by a cosplayer whose instagram post she links to. 

EDIT: Whose pics are also on the wallpaper site.

EDIT 2:  I just noticed that Kilya is in Ukraine.  She may be a bit hard to contact reliably... <sigh>

Let's wait to contact her - I might possibly have something that might make possible a derivative use of the image, but I want to try it out first and re-read the Copyright Act (not necessarily in that order), and I won't have time to do either this weekend. No point in asking her twice.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - by robkelk - 06-03-2022, 09:18 PM