RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 25 - A Quarter-Century of Bad Ideas
A complicated plan to assassinate Sauron goes awry, in Dial M for Mordor
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
There's anime out there about pretty much any activity being practised by cute girls as a high-school club activity... but I don't recall any about golf. Maybe nobody could commit to a Hokago Tee Time.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
<rimshot>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm pretty sure there's a golfer-girls anime airing right now, or as part of the current season anyway. I don't remember the name though, I skip all sports anime by default so "golf" was as far as I read before moving on.

eta: a quick search brings up Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- which pretty much puts it right on the tin

e2: the trailer makes them look older than the usual high schoolers, but that could just be the art style. Also seems to shiptease a yuri crush? "Her golf swing is just so amazing! Perfection! (heart eyes!)" Big Grin

link
--
‎noli esse culus
(06-15-2022, 09:31 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a golfer-girls anime airing right now, or as part of the current season anyway. I don't remember the name though, I skip all sports anime by default so "golf" was as far as I read before moving on.

eta: a quick search brings up Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- which pretty much puts it right on the tin

e2: the trailer makes them look older than the usual high schoolers, but that could just be the art style. Also seems to shiptease a yuri crush? "Her golf swing is just so amazing! Perfection! (heart eyes!)" Big Grin

Indeed there is, but it isn't a "Cute Girls doing Cute Things" anime. More of a "Girls with Guns" anime, in the vein of Noir or Madlax. It is actually scripted by the author of Madlax, and apparently happens in the same universe. Also made by a Gundam studio, which explains why the blonde protagonist (an amnesiac foundling that may or may not be a clone of one of the greastest golfers ever) was taught golf by Char Aznable's seiyuu while the brunette rival/yuri love interest (the daughter of two of the greastest golfers ever and raised from birth to be the greatest golfer ever) is coached by Amuro Rei's seiyuu.
And there are rival mafia gangs settling billion dollar disputes with literally underground illegal golf deathmatchs in a geofront playing on a mechanically randomizing golf court.

It's so over the top it is hilarious. You should really check it out.
We've switched Nanoha Takamachi (Lyrical Nanoha) with Ann Takamaki (Persona 5). Let's see what happens next in both continuities...
We've dropped Fate Averruncus, Fate Testarossa, and Doctor Fate into a Grail War. Let's see what happens.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
a strange thought that occured to me the other day...

A Deadpool film directed by Mel Brooks, there'd be no Fourth Wall left!
They'd leave a little. Just enough to know what you're looking through.

A sort of... framing device.
-Now available with copious trivia!
The story of a love triangle... that involves esper gondoliers on Mars.

Kimagure Orange Planet
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Zone of Ender's Game
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'm not sure it wouldn't actually belong in the other thread, but what about an Ender issekai on Westeros? Yes, it's Ender's Game of Thrones, followed perhaps by Speaker For The Undead...

From there... Dracocide? Children of the Forest? There's actually something like twenty novels and short stories in the Ender's Game continuity, with at least one more still pending to complete another trilogy with the first two books in 2016 and 2019 according to Wikipedia.
--
‎noli esse culus
how about "End Zoner's Game" in which several members of the Wedge Defence Force get annoyed with a game Zoner is constantly playing. 8P
<snrk>
-- Bob

Or how about Ender's Squid Game, purely to see what kinds of insanity result? Tongue
So, Zone of Ender's Squid Game of Thrones?

Or Zone of Bender's Squid Game of Thrones?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Megazone 23 of Ender's Squid Game of Thrones
-- Bob

Now we're just getting silly.

(What, just now? Smile )

Codename: Sailor V... for Voldemort.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Has anybody ever crossed the "L is real 2401" meme and Death Note?

No?

Good...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I dunno, Luigi replacing L might make an interesting short, at least.
--
‎noli esse culus
Hmm, perhaps we should replace Agent Elle of the Men in Black with L from Death Note....
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
No one went for Squid Girl Game? And here I thought the Japanese were always up for inkvading Korea.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
...I thought Japan already had that, and called it 'Splatoon'?
(04-15-2021, 05:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: Previous thread is previous

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Sailor Team:
  • Usagi "Hannibal" Tsukino, who loves it when a youma plan falls apart;
  • Rei "Face" Hino, the one with that memorable smile;
  • Makoto "M.K." Kino, the team's muscle, who has a fear of flying; and
  • "Howlin' Mad" Minako Aino
Oh, and that recurring character who used her brains instead of her brawn... what was her name, again... Ami?

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... Ooarai's A-Team:
  • Miho "Hannibal" Nishizumi, whose plans always come together;
  • Saori "Face" Takebe, the one who can talk you into anything... except being her boyfriend;
  • Hana "H.I." Isuzu, the team's muscle, who uses as much force as needed but no more; and
  • "Howlin' Mad" Yukari Akiyama, mistress of disguise
Oh, and that recurring character who used her brains instead of her brawn, but kept sleeping through the action scenes... what was her name, again... Mako?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
"Don't call me Shirley. You won't like me when I'm Shirley."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown