Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal
[IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal
Star 
October 15, 2016

What a strange place this world is. Not that I'm complaining - I have a body again, and hands, and that's always useful when somebody practices his life's work with his hands. And to know for sure that I'm a fictional character is so liberating! It says so right here on this list! If anybody doesn't like what I choose to do, I'll just blame the author! Now, as long as I'm riding in this metal conveyance to, where was it again? Oh, yes, "New York City". As long as I'm taking this trip, I may as well read this list that I awoke with. I wonder who wrote it?

November 5, 2016

So this is Ottawa. From what I've seen of it, it's a nice place. It isn't so big that it's become one of those wretched hives of humanity, like New York or Montreal are. And it isn't so small that I can't find somebody here to tell stories with!

Which reminds me... now, where was that list... oh, yes, here it is. "Rob Donaldson". What a boring name. He must be either a boring person, or a very interesting one. What does the list say, again?

Oh. He's one of the boring sorts. But he dabbles in writing, and he likes what the kids these days call "tropes". Well, then, let's give him a trope or two! He's so straitlaced that it would be so much fun to drop him into a harem comedy. But with which girl? Honestly, there's an embarrassment of riches here! Ten lovely young things to compete for his attentions! Oh, wait, wait, wait... Serenity II? No, we can't have her falling for him; she's already starring in her own story. Can't ruin one story to improve another, after all. Bad manners. Maybe I should just watch for a while.

He isn't giving me anything to work with! What a boring character! I'll just have to be creative, then. Now, which tropes should I use? Should I start with the basic "First Girl Wins"? It's been done to death, after all. Oh, but wasn't there something on the list about these people? ... Yes there was, yes there was. The girls showed up in two different groups! So, the first girl from each group wins. Give them a love triangle. Just the thing. Now, what else? He's already their guardian, so there's that added rush of forbidden love. That's enough to start with. Now, where did I put that inkhorn? Oh, right - pens hold their own ink now.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no! She practically threw herself at him, and he said no? Is he gay? The list didn't say that, and it did mention that one of the girls here likes girls. Well, I'll just have to throw his other new girlfriend at him right away, then. And make him be interested!

There, that's much better.

Now, who's next?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [IC][STORY][OPEN] Drosselmeyer's Journal
OOC: Not quite sure I got his character nailed down or not.  I sent a PM to Brent, but I guess he's still busy with that kerfluffle that went down earlier.  Trust me, to hear him talk on Discord, it was NASTY business.  And I will say no more than that on the matter.

Anyhow, Drosselmyer on Benjamin - where the trope "Even Evil Has Standards" comes into play...

September 19, 2016

Oh brave new world with such people in it!

These people from this other world... Jyurai?  What a strange name.  But the people!  Oh, such scandalous lives they lead, forming willing harems of nubile women!

But enough about him.  His story is all but written already.

What was that other name?  Benjamin, was it?  A bit plain, maybe, but only because it's been around for such a great time - it was considered ancient even in my time!  And what a wondrous meaning behind the name.  "The Most Beloved Son" and "Son of the Right Hand".

How utterly ironic.

Even I must admit to it at times.  There are truly some tragic tales to behold in this world.  This man, I would not have wished his fate on anyone.  To take a boy, as an innocent child, and warp him into such a sorry creature!  Destroying his self-worth so all he can do is lay in the gutter, watching the world pass by!  Crippling his psyche so only the most virtuous of women would see the beautiful dreamer within him!  Absolutely heinous!

What damnable person came up with such a tale?  This is beyond tragedy, even for the ancient Greeks!  And I cannot conscience this farce continuing.

This Teletha girl...  She is fascinating in her own way...  But no, she won't do at all.  It's all too easy.  It would be like Romeo and Juliet, only without the meddlesome families.  That's been done already.

I'm sorry, child, but he is not fit for you.  Go on back to that young soldier of fortune.  He is in need of more conflict in his story.

But who, though, should be given to poor Benjamin?  I enjoy a good tragedy as much as the next man, but I'm not writing the Book of Job here!

October 31, 2016

O frabjous day!  Callooh!  Callay!

And it is indeed a frabjous day!  So many people!  So many stories!

And yet I come once again to poor Benjamin.  He works so hard, and gains everything but what he desires the most.

Well, what a fortunate day it is for him, then, that I, Drosselmyer, shall intervene!  For at long last the perfect character has presented herself.  Or rather, I should say, characters!  Plural!

Dear little Nanoha Takamachi.  What a brilliant light of a child!  With a heart like a lion's and a love like a saint's!  She has already changed one girl's life so radically.

Poor little Fate Testarossa.  Dear child, you are so much like Benjamin - you never deserved the hand that the Fates dealt you.

Oh, this will be such a tale!  A grown man and two little girls!  This will be so much better than Lolita!  Benjamin shall walk upon pins and needles.  He cannot force those two away.  He simply cannot.  He has been so bereft of companionship.  Like a man lost in a desert, then finding an oasis, but only to discover that the fruit is not yet ripe!  And these young fruits will be safe from him.  He will not only safeguard them, but he will also help nurture them until they are at the peak of ripeness!

And even then, he shall fret over becoming Pygmalion, for he shall be someone who can shape and mold them as he sees fit.  Instead, he truly desires to see them become what they will.  But he knows that his influence will be a powerful one - so much so that these two impressionable girls will shape and mold themselves to conform to his desires!  Such moral torture!  Such angst!

He must also be so very careful!  So many watchful eyes, so alert for wrongdoing, and so eagerly at that!  They all wish to see a man burn at the stake.  To crow and jeer as the flames of Hell consume him.

Let us at least have the parents give their blessing, otherwise the situation will truly be impossible - we want a glimmer of hope, do we not?  And he will be good for little Fate - the dear child needs someone in her life who understands her pain.  Even so, it shall be fraught with troubles and she will struggle through her adolescence with such terrible beginnings.  Even with that man guiding her.  What a challenge that lay before these two!

And little Nanoha shall be interesting to watch as well!  She so clearly seems to prefer to cleave to other girls.  It will be so amusing to watch how she comes to terms with the seeds of desire for a man growing in her heart!  Oh, I am certain she'll do so quickly enough - a pity, in a ways.  But to see such a heart and mind in action - for her to so decisively reorder her world!  That is a fine story to watch unfold as well!  A true paladin, this child is!

Oh how beautiful it is, and yet so taboo!  Like Oedipus and Electra!  Oh frabjous day!

February 13, 2017

LEONARD TESTAROSSA YOU MISERABLE BRAT!

I so eagerly anticipated the outcome of this story and YOU RUINED IT!  And all so you could claim the Chidori girl as your prize!?  As though you were some kind of knight in shining armor?

I admit, you seemed like a fine villain at first.  But to destroy my work for your own selfish gains?  Not even Fakir, who so ruined my magnum opus, was anywhere nearly as selfish as you!

Oh, you are going to suffer for this, boy.  Benjamin shall come for you.  He will come with blood in his eyes.  And he will wreak horrors that will live on in your darkest dreams.  I will make certain of that!

If, that is, you somehow survive him.

Mayhaps you shall.  After all, death will be too kind of a fate for you.

Live, Leonard Testarossa, but do so in fear.  The moment you show your face, Benjamin will be there.

He shall make for such a ~fine~ bounty hunter for the Devil.