Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(05-17-2021, 10:33 AM)GethN7 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 08:08 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:I left this edit in the moderation queue. What's our policy on pointing links at Wikipedia for works that we don't have pages for?

Ajacraig-something, right?  The edit's no longer in the queue, probably because you cleared it out afterwards.  The guy doesn't seem to understand that redlinks are desired.  I caught him adding links to TVT because he apparently didn't like redlinks; I denied those changes in moderation and sent him a note about it.  I made the mistake of saying something like "If you absolutely must  have a link, use Wikipedia".

I think we want to stop this before he decides to convert every redlink in the wiki to a Wikipedia link.  And undo all the one's he's done up so far.

I hate redlinks too, but that's how wikis grow by encouraging people to add actual content. I say if we need to, make clear only add links to Wikipedia for things NOT in our site mission to cover, but to otherwise leave links RED for things we can trope or for work links. Might even be worth making it an official rule to prevent future issues if we don;t have it.

I knew we said it somewhere already:

All The Tropes:Frequent Redlinks

Quote:Works we don't have pages for yet.
Red links for works pages should not be removed. If you are familiar with the work, feel free to launch the page.

EDIT: I see User:Ajacraig200, User:Ajacraig2001, and User:Ajacraig2011. "200" has no comments on the Talk page. "2001" has a somewhat snarky discussion on the Talk page. "2011" is the one in question here.

RE-EDIT: My lunch break's done. I reverted all but this set of edits, which will require multiple undos.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by robkelk - 05-17-2021, 11:50 AM