Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(06-20-2021, 05:07 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 02:07 PM)GethN7 Wrote: https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Special:Wi...rom_ATT%3F

Someone other than me should handle this, this guy nicked lots of content from TV Tropes in whole or in part and I axed it for plagiarism, and their original edits were of poor quality. He wants to know if he can roll his mistakes uphill and if I have any say on Miraheze, and I'm wisely going to not antagonize the situation.

I see Bob answered before I could.

(06-20-2021, 10:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 03:47 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 01:03 PM)robkelk Wrote: I think there might be an extension for that. Remind me tomorrow to look, please.

If I remember to, I will.

Reminding a day late.

I see an extension to create stub categories for all categories redlinks, but it's greyed out.

I also wonder whether we want all categories auto-created... especially considering the ability of some tropers (myself included) to misspell common words.

While looking for extensions, I found Extension:EditNotify on the list of available extensions. Should we activate it?

On that first extension, it wouldn't be a technically sound idea. Not only would it cause backend issues if we ever had a mass creation of new categories, it would make keeping track of what needs fixed harder, especially if it went horribly wrong and started outputting garbage, it would still count the category page as "created"

As for the second, it MIGHT be a good idea, but it would possibly require manual backend tweaks to some extent, so if we did use it, we should have a good idea what tweaks we might want before submitting a request and activating it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 06-20-2021, 08:33 PM