Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
In my defense, I was actually trying to point out, since the post was directed at a huge rash of users who thought they could get by wiping their butt with rules on plagiarism, that FANDOM made me enforce a lot of things I disagreed with for personal and moral reasons, and without belaboring it again, I stand by every word, but I digress. The point was that despite my disagreements with FANDOM's rules, I made a point to enforce them to the letter regardless of my disagreement, and if I had to submit to what I didn't like, the people the post was addressed to needed to submit to the rules on not plagiarizing since some of these people came up with the dumbest excuses why they should be allowed to get away with it.

My favorite was someone who claimed they just plagiarizing so they could rewrite in their own words and that it was just a placeholder reference for them since they had autism. There were other dumb excuses and people blatantly plagiarizing and thinking I wouldn't check I had to deal with, and I was getting tired of it.

I had no idea I would wind up kicked out for it (had I been told to never post anything like it again, I would have complied), but apparently, obedience was not enough, I was to be a mindless drone, even obedience with noted reservations but still being compliant was not tolerated. I was clearly kicked out for having politically incorrect opinions (which I said would not affect my duties to enforce FANDOM will, but said profession of loyalty meant nothing apparently), and frankly, while I was not planning to suicide my FANDOM account, I already had indications they were going to purge people based on ideology prior and was sure sooner or later I might be hit by said purge. And if the price of sticking around was to put up with that, so be it, I'm out, wouldn't want back even if they reconsidered.

That said, I concur our trademark should be taken off the FANDOM fork since I'm no longer around thus we have no staff in common anymore.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 06-25-2021, 07:28 PM