Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(06-25-2021, 08:40 PM)robkelk Wrote: My body, my rules, my choice for my self-identification. If I want to call myself Throatwobbler Mangrove, that's my choice and you don't get to call me Raymond Luxury-Yacht any more, whether I've had an operation to change my nose or not. And my choice of reference there isn't (just) something completely different; it's to show that this has been an issue longer than some of this thread's participants have been alive.

Lynn's body, Lynn's rules, Lynn's choice for Lynn's self-identification. No joke.

Geth's body, Geth's rules, Geth's choice for Geth's self-identification. No joke.

And so on.

It's just polite to call a person by that person's current name, even if that person used to have a different name or appearance.

Getting back to All The Tropes...

I think Cwf1997 has had their habit of not checking what tropes mean before posting so-called examples of them. One official warning posted - next occurrence gets a tempban for "Refusing to learn from honest mistakes, or repeatedly making the same honest mistake after it's been pointed out"

On ATT business, in light of recent events, I have stripped myself of all but the bureaucrat flag by my own choice and will be taking an indefinite sabbatical, Whether I come back to resume my duties anytime soon is up in the air, but I believe recent events mean I need to step away for a while for the good of the community and my own health and sanity.

I wish all remaining staff the best in managing day to day affairs.

If anyone wishes to make my leaving permanent at this point, I will not oppose it. That is the choice of the community, please follow your conscience as I choose to follow mine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 06-25-2021, 08:59 PM