Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
I'm still on sabbatical, but I decided to do some research for the future in case further MediaWiki upgrades could be an issue.

Currently, that is not an issue, but it may become so, due to our reliance on this for our templates:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Variables

At present, all of the essential functions we require are still working, but many things the extension now depreciates may become totally dropped in future versions of MediaWiki and all of our current Lua based templates will be utterly nonfunctional, not to mention the VisualEditor may refuse to work at all as well with it.

I have sent Brent some of the error messages about deprecated functions and potential fixes for the long-term via Discord. I also want to say I know I have expressed some controversial views of late, and whenever I return I promise I will not air them again, nor will I let them affect my ability to work alongside other ATT members calmly and dispassionately. I also want to say I hold no hate in my heart for any particular person, and no matter how wrong I may feel on personal grounds about someone's politics, lifestyle, or other choices, I will never abandon my love for my fellow man as human beings, and if I have given any impression otherwise, you have my most abject apologies.

Regardless, I shall not be returning to contribute/administrate anytime soon, just in case it causes tensions to flare up that should not be stirred.

Also, the latest dump of the Miraheze ATT database has some serious corruption, a new one should be ordered ASAP for data preservation purposes on Archive.org (likely related to those ghost pages I had to eliminate that were causing issues several months ago, the last dump still has remnants of that which caused the database corruption when dumped to XML format, a new dump should be free of that)

This all said, I'll be returning to my sabbatical, but if there are further technical questions or concerns, I remain at the service of the community and will respond ASAP if required.

P.S. - Tropedia (the former ATT branch on FANDOM) has fully complied with removing any branding related to ATT that should be of any major concern. There may be remnants of the logos and other image data of the ATT trademarks in personal web caches on the computers of those who visited it recently (a simple purge will fix this), but that's all, it should be updated on most search engines to have that removed from FANDOM now. If there are further branding issues that need dealt with, let me know and I will forward said removal requests, SelfCloak has been very compliant and willing to oblige ATT on this matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-02-2021, 11:59 PM